03-16-2019 05:30 AM
03-16-2019 01:56 PM
Sorry to hear about the trouble, @foggystar75052. It sounds like the Fusion Studio in your Mac computer is unable to completely recognize the Fusion camera. I do have couple of suggestions that will help us isolate this problem:
- First, make sure that you have enabled "Automatically launch the GoPro Fusion Studio App when camera is connected" in the GoPro Fusion Studio App preferences pane.
- While the application is open, select "Fusion Studio" then "Preferences."
- Make sure that you don't have any other media processing programs open that may be communicating with your camera(Dropbox, Photos, Image Capture, etc).
- Connect your camera to your computer via USB-C cable and wait for the red LED to appear.
- Wait at least 30 seconds to see which application appears first. The GoPro Fusion Studio App should launch by default, but if it doesn't, check two things: (1) "Automatically launch the GoPro Fusion Studio App when camera is connected" should be checked, (2) Open Image Capture and ensure your camera isn't prompted to open any other application. You will need to confirm this for both Fusion Front and Back.
- Does your computer met the required system specs? For reference, see THIS article.
- Have you tried using different USB-C cable? Try connecting the camera onto different USB port on your computer.
- Does manual import works? Follow the instructions HERE on how to manually import via SD adapter.
If the suggestions above still doesn't make any difference, please test this out on a secondary / different computer.
Hopefully this helps! Let us know how it goes.