Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Fusion studio keeps crashing when preparing files

[ Edited ]

As the title says everytime I try to import my files Fusion crashes, it gets throught the 100% of preparing the videos then crashes and shuts down prompting an error report to send back to GoPro running on an iMac. it happens when importing directly from the camera and once I've transfered my files on to my computer? what is going on? I didn't pay £700 for this!

Is there another software patch due?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Fusion studio keeps crashing when preparing files

Hi @granddusk5540,

Have you tried importing via the SD Cards? What SD Cards are you using?

What I would recommend is to back up that content on your computer and take the SD cards out, erase the files on both Front and Back cards, then reinsert them into your camera. Reconnect the camera to your computer and you should get past the ‘Preparing media’ screen.

Make sure that the media is imported to you computer before you format those SD Cards as it will erase any content. Shoot a few test shots and see if you are still having issues with the new media.

Let us know how it goes!

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the reply Ryan.

I've tried importing both directly from the camera and via the SD cards yet no luck from either. I'm using two ScanDisk Ultra 64gb class 10 SD cards.

Just cleared and reformatted my SD cards and tried some test footage and still no luck, still get the same error and crash of Fusion Studio??

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

The Ultra cards are not among the cards we recommend for GoPro cameras nor for the Fusion. If you have other cards that are on our list at https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/microSD-Card-Considerations, please give those a try.

If not, one other method is to move the files from the SD cards onto your computer's hard drive, and then try importing from there. Be sure the put the Front and Back folders (with all of the content in those folders) in the same folder. Then, when you import the content, just select the folder that is holding those two sub-folders.

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks Jeff, I have tried importing the files as you suggested off of my computer but again still no luck. Next step is to buy two new SD cards....

Highlighted
Tourist

Love it, this thing is still a glorified £700 paper wieght! 

Swapped out SD cards as per recomended cards on the GoPro website and site and still the Fusion software crashes when preparing the files. Up dated all firmware and software and still nothing. I cant call customer support as it's only open monday to friday 0800hrs - 1700hrs GMT and I work 0700hrs - 1730hrs with no access to my camera or computer! 

No doubt I can't return it either as it's out side of the retunr period. Should of bought a Rylo

Highlighted
Tourist

The Fusion software problems are forcing me to return the Fusion camera tomorrow. After finally getting the video onto the PC and beiong processed, I left it running over night. Started the job yesterday morning at about 9:30, by this morning at 9:30 it was only at 40.1%. This is with a hexacore i7, 32GB RAM and large RAID drive. The video is 3 hours, 17 minutes long. Unacceptable. Then when I attempted to just copy a portion of the video files from Front and Back to another set of folders to try crunching a smaller set of chapters, now the original set makes the Fusion software crash every time. Or is it the Fusion software?

Great idea, poor product.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I'm getting the same thing; Fusion Studio crashes after media is 100% prepared, whehter I do it through the camera or the SD cards. Is there seriously no solution to this yet? I have client work on here and am really stressing out... Used to work fine. I don't know what happened.

Anyone??