Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Fusion studio is garbage

[ Edited ]

did anyone even test this fusion studio before the release?  95% of the time it wont even recognize the camera or import any files even though the camera is recognized in windows just fine.  now I'm trying to copy my sd cards to a folder on the computer, then use those copied videos in fusio studio and it doesnt appear that i can even do that.  I click add files and point it to the front and back source folders i created but then it just goes back to the normal screen.  so I guess I can't even edit local video files without the camera being plugged in?  Might should have not released this camera yet if the software doesn't even properly work.  Tried this on multiple computers and get the same results. is there any documentation on Fusio studio???? i can't find it anywhere.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Fusion studio is garbage

I made some progress with my issue.  My folder structure had hyphens - in the name, soon as I removed those the files loaded fine.  I also found that you had to put the files in a specific folder structure as well, but dont use any special characters or it will just crash the app with no explanation.

this link has more info.

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/how-to-render-videos-in-fusion-studio

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello,

Fusion Studio does not recognize the camera probably because of a corrupted mp4 on it. The corrupted media is here when user press the shutter button twice before the actual start of the recording.

In this case, please check if there is a 4ko .mp4 and remove it before reconnecting the camera.

On the other hand, Fusion Studio should import local footage. Please make sure that when pushing the 'add media' button your are selecting a single directory where all the files have been imported. Fusion Studio needs all the files to work, especially .lrv and .wave. Then they must be in the directory as well.

I hope this answer will help to use Fusion, let me know if you need more assistance,

Stéphane  

Highlighted
Sightseer

Did anyone figure this out. I'm having the same problem
Highlighted
Hiker

I made some progress with my issue.  My folder structure had hyphens - in the name, soon as I removed those the files loaded fine.  I also found that you had to put the files in a specific folder structure as well, but dont use any special characters or it will just crash the app with no explanation.

this link has more info.

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/how-to-render-videos-in-fusion-studio

Highlighted
Tourist

I had to remove the battery in the Fusion then try again. After that the computer recognized the camera
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Fusion studio is NOT garbage

I had similar problems on a mac with a folder 'fusion-files' on the desktop.

Changing to fusionfiles seems to have solved the 'import caancelled' problem and all is now working well.

Perhaps a No HYPHENS note should be included with the set-up instructions

JL

Highlighted
Sightseer

I didn't see files either when trying to import them from the computer onto the Fusion Studio app. I think it is important to copy all the files, not just the MP4 one. Because it looks like only 1 SD card catches the audio and i'm sure the other files have something special to them to make the 360 video happen. But what i did instead of clicking the exact files itself. I just clicked once to slect the FOLDER all the files are in and then hit import. And the Studio app found the files that way and you have the 360 video right there. Don't select the files themselves. Select the folder. Click it once. Not double click because that will open it.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I didn't see files either when trying to import them from the computer onto the Fusion Studio app. I think it is important to copy all the files, not just the MP4 one. Because it looks like only 1 SD card catches the audio and i'm sure the other files have something special to them to make the 360 video happen. But what i did instead of clicking the exact files itself. I just clicked once to slect the FOLDER all the files are in and then hit import. And the Studio app found the files that way and you have the 360 video right there. Don't select the files themselves. Select the folder. Click it once. Not double click because that will open it.