Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Fusion stitch limited to 3K

[ Edited ]

Just realized I had this posted on the Fusion Camera area. Reposting here, where it is more appropriate-

Laptop specs-

• Lenovo Yoga 910 (2017)
  • Intel core i7-7500U 2.7GHz
  • 8GB RAM
  • Intel HD Graphics 620, 4GB shared
  • SSD Drive
  • Windows 10 Home 64-bit

I am able to stitch the source 5.2K/30fps Fusion video only at max 3K output resolution. Anything higher (4K, 5.2K) causes the laptop to start doing something, fan spins up, and then in a few seconds- hang. I have to kill the program at that point.

3K stitch, with stabillization ON, takes about 20 minutes for a 1 minute source video. 

I think the laptop can do more- I kept playing around with output combinations and one time was able to get it to stitch 4K output (10 second source, took 5 minutes to stitch). But I have never been able to reproduce it. So, I think i am missing some setting or option to get the 4K and 5.2K ot work (unless that one time was just a fluke).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Hiker

Re: Fusion stitch limited to 3K

[ Edited ]

I haven't repeated enough times to say for sure- but using the following configuration, I have been able to successfully stitch and render 5.2K 360 degree video twice now.

YouTube+5.2K+Stereo
GoPro Color
Stabilization OFF
Pitch/roll/yaw at default

Took me about an 40mins for a 1 min 45sec video, with the above setting.

Any ideas what's so magical about this setting?

Hiker

Re: Fusion stitch limited to 3K

Confirmed- I can bring up Fusion sudio, load a clip, and render the stitched 360 video with YouTube+5.2K+Stereo as long as I do not touch anything else. Changing anything- trimming down video size, changing to Flat color, turning on stabillization, changing tilt/roll/yaw- all cause Fusion Studio to hang at 5.2K or 4K. Only at 3K stitch/render resolution am I able to do any non-default setting render.

Seems like a Fusion Studio bug to me.