Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Fusion and Mac OS Big Sur

exactly as I've expected it , and have written here for several times.

I am also 100% sure, that any further development for the Max as well, still has been discontinued since 6 month.

Since spring,there was absolutely not even a single try to fix many of the issues many complain about.

All promises and announcements from nov/dec 2019 here at the forum have been shaped up as lies.

So, you are right....gopro products all are sell-and-forget "disposable products"....... they get a few minor updates for the first 3-4 month....then the next generation will exclusively developed......

anyone will see ... if ever again...there will be a new 360cam exactly in one year ...and shortly after ...the max will be end-of-life

the product lifecycle is not more then 3 years (f.e.actually hero 7-8-9)

Highlighted
Hiker

Any comments EJ?

Highlighted
Hiker

I agree with your statements and share your frustrations. I have purchased multiple devices from GoPro (hero 4 silver, Karma grip, Hero 7, Fusion, suction cups, clamps, three-way among others).  I will no longer be a customer. Perhaps GoPro believes it is less of a loss to lose the handful of customers who bought a fusion than spend the money to update the software. However, I think this is a short term gain. They will lose us as repeat customers and word of this will spread. Maybe they've already factored this into their business calculations and don't care. 

Fusion never delivered on what GoPro promised. The maketing video was misleading. It led me to believe that overcapture on my phone would yield the same quality that I saw on their promo video. Instead I found that content creation required proper stitching using a slow, glitchy and frustrating process that often crashed, even on new computer equipment.

I for one believe we should be refunded for deceptive marketing. 

Highlighted
Hiker

GoPro is constantly trying to upsell to the next best thing - Hero 5 now up to Hero 9.  From Fusion to Max and what's next?  What's really bad is those of us that now have hours of 360 video that are totally useless.  I have videos were captured on motorcycle rides through Newport Beach, across the Hoover Dam, along Pacific Coast Highway and up and down the Las Vegas strip.  These are irreplaceable and totally useless now. GoPro needs to seriously rethink this decision.  How long has Fusion been out - definitely not long enough to be end of life and no longer supported.  I considered upgrading to a Hero 9.  Not going to happen!  

Highlighted
Hiker

We would appreciate knowing what the team's response to this is. 

You replied "We'll post back once new information is available". I don't forsee any changes in the near future and thus I am not expecting a reply. 

I think we deserve to hear what the team said about our concerns and whether or not they forsee GoPro ever doing something about it. 

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

GoPro’s silence speaks volumes. This is the way they treat customers??

Highlighted
Tourist

Same here! GoPro we can't throw our money away just like that. Please provide us an update on the Fusion and Mac OS Big Sur

Highlighted
Tourist

Solution - Fusion Studio 1.2 works on macOS Big Sur ✅

Hi! I also upgraded to Big Sur to find out that Fusion studio 1.3 is not working.

But, I found out that one of the previous versions, Fusion Studio 1.2, is actually working on Big Sur (Filename FusionStudio_Mac_Sierra_120_2018-05-11.dmg). I stiched a few videos and the process works flawelessly. I still had this old install available, but I understand that most of you have not.

I could not find a download link on the GoPro site, but I'm sure that GoPro will post the link to version 1.2 below to help everybody out!

For the time being, you can access the download here: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/152ff197-6698-434d-6a11-adbf1a00faf8