Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: Fusion and Mac OS Big Sur

[ New ]

https://macdownload.informer.com/fusion-studio/download/#downloading

also working 

usionStudio_Mac_Sierra_121_2018-06-01.dmg

Hiker

[ New ]
I haven’t tried using fusion studio 1.2; however if it does indeed run on Mac OS Big Sur, then I would imagine it is a relatively minor fix to make 1.4 run on apple’s new OS. This implies that as others have mentioned this is forced obsolescence. Their business model is based on selling new units. I can understand their desire to generate revenue by selling new units; however ending support for this camera after a mere few years seems greedy, unfair and abusive. As I mentioned earlier, GoPro fusion never lived up to what it promised. Fusion studio was cumbersome to the point I bought an Egpu in order to run it on my top of the line MacBook Pro 13”. Now the software won’t even run on my Mac.
Please forward this message to Mr. Woodman. We deserve better than being left hanging out to dry.
Hiker

[ New ]
Hey all - not sure if this will help. I was searching for an analog video capture program today and came across corel.com Video Studio 2020. I haven’t tried it but it claims to be able to create little planet videos and do rectilinear correction and editing of 360 videos. Does anyone know if this might work on Fusion 360 videos?? Thanks
Hiker

[ New ]

...Mr Woodman will not care about us, because he is celebrating the fabulous 2020 year's ending.

He managed to rise his share value from around 2US$ in feb up to 7 US$ by now.

He was successfull because of simply focusing on gaining profit by advertising , promising and selling gadgets , which never where intended to fullfill .

He is succesfull in, not wasting resources , in non-profit departments like support or devolpment .

He is succesfull in his clear roadmap : releaseday is codefreezing of every development , and start of next-years product roadmap.

The dogma always is , and will be..... the solution of your problems ist the next buy.

This never will change as long as, much enough customers, are again greedy for every new release year after year.

We, the customers, are always to weak , and willing to forget what has happened.... and therefor are rewarding "businessmen" like mr woodman.

we can turn our back to them ... but as long........ 

prediction: sept/oct 2021 ....release of the new heroX ....

question : how many who still have a 8 or 9 will buy it !?

what do you think ?

barking dogs don't bite ...will they ?

ahh...btw..... why looking for another editingsolution ?

As often mentioned ....you can easily do it in DavinciResolve (Pro-Version)..everything included ...

Hiker

[ New ]

very well put @bluewater86456 . 

i see Goprop's company shelf life as 2-3 more years if that. if you look closely at many extreme sports they are still using the H7. - they keep serving the same beef with different gravy year on year......... i still don't understand why you need a new product every year when you can refine the product and sell the same box for years....

I don't like seeing good companies fail but Gopro needs a RAW Uppercut to wakeup from their ignorant slumber - if not they'll be gone and will be a class case of how a HERO goes to ZERO in no time

Hiker

[ New ]

This is absolutely an upset! I was out yesterday filming and I was excited to stitch my content and submit it for awards but now, 1.4 doesn't work with Big Sur. I even reinstalled Fusion Studio 1.3 version with no luck. I went to re-download the 1.4 beta version via the https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Fusion-2-0-Beta-Update-for-your-GoPro-Fusion/ta-p/394248 page and now it's a broken link (for Mac). Imagine that. My temporary workaround was to download the 360 videos on my phone and airdrop it to my Mac but there's a significant loss in quality :(

What I ended up doing is using my wife's Windows laptop to stitch the videos and then transfer them to my Mac via USB. I hope they fix this Mac compatibility issue soon!

Tourist

[ New ]

I also consider it calculated and not very customer friendly what GoPro is now doing with the Fusion software for Mac. Fujitsu did something similar with the software for their ScanSnap scanners, which no longer ran after upgrading to MacOS Catalina. Fujitsu (possibly due to user protests) delivered the program after a year's delay. Probably too late for many users who migrated to the alternative products in disappointment.

As far as Fusion Studio is concerned: For all those who are quite desperate and do not have to tweak the sliders that much: Via the terminal, i.e. via a command line, the files can still be stitched even with the "new" beta 1.4.

Hiker

[ New ]
Can you provide details on how to use 1.4 via the command line? Thanks