Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

Fusion and Mac OS Big Sur

GoPro Fusion Studio does not seem to work with MacOs Big Sur. Will GoPro be fixing this? Without this software I am limited to the GoPro app on my phone which does not allow clean stitching. If GoPro does not plan on fixing Fusion Studio, will they offer some other way for us to stitch our videos?

GoPro has paid little attention to customers who bought what was at the time an expensive action camera. Their camera firmware beta was not updated since its release over a year ago. This is not an old device and I would have hoped to still have it supported.

I have always thought highly of GoPro equipment. It has been high quality and durable. They gave great support for Karma Drone for several years; however this is not the case for Fusion. I would strongly reconsider purchasing again. Perhaps GoPro feels that brand loyalty is not important and their business model is based on attracting new users? 

Please update Fusion Studio or provide an alternate workflow that allows us to stitch 360 degree footage shot on fusion. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Fusion and Mac OS Big Sur

I have had the same issue for about a month.  I have an open case #08437097. GoPro has been unable to assist other than tell me to reinstall app or update camera firmware (both of which i have done without success).  Their chat team has also been less than helpful.  I am hoping they focus and do something about this soon

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes I need this update as well. I love my Go Pro Fusion, but without this software, I don't know how I will be able to use it ever again.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @fireyvista05 @marksk1218 @greatbluemarlon

Sorry for any trouble caused.

We have shared this with the team.

We'll post back once new information is available.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Please let me know if you need any data dumpos or other support info.  I'm happy to assist if i can

Highlighted
Nomad

Highlighted
Hiker

GoPro can’t be serious. This is absolute nonsense!! I have other choice words as well.
Their recommendation is don’t upgrade to latest OS and stay in the dark ages. At first they denied having a problem, now they admit it and want us all to pay for an upgrade. I won’t ever be buying a GoPro product again.
What GoPro needs to understand is once you have a product release they need to support it. Just because they release a new product and want everyone to rebuy isn’t an excuse to abandon support just because it’s hard. What confidence do we have that GoPro won’t abandon all the other products in the future. Anyone knows that MACs are the best platform for video editing.
GoPro needs to seriously think about and reconsider this decision.
Highlighted
Tourist

Smells like the iPhone Apple Battery issue that is currently being settled.

I could understand not supporting a product that is 5 to 10 years old, but I bought this camera brand new just two years ago and now I have to buy a new one and spend several hundred dollars for another camera that I will need to upgrade in another two years?

Go Pro please reconsider or offer me some kind on resonable consideration other than BAU upgrade plan to get me out of this disappointing event. Without this software update, my camera is a brick.