Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Re: Fusion and Mac OS Big Sur

[ New ]
Thanks. I’ve tried that too. And even trying to read directly from camera. When trying to read from the camera the program returns nothing and just goes back to main menu.
Does anyone at GoPro have any suggestions?
Sightseer

[ New ]

Help. My camera has become worthless all because i updated my mac to OS11. Please reach out to me and tell me what you are going to do in order to fix this problem.

Mark

Highlighted
Hiker

[ New ]
Good luck getting GoPro to do anything. They don’t seem to care. All they want you to do is buy another camera. Best solution some of us have is go back to fusion studio 1.2. That’s pretty buggy though and crashes.
Hiker

[ New ]

best , and only way ist...to go to the everlasting fusion studio beta 1.4 ... if this does not work, you can be 100% sure that there are only 2 choices...

1. use a pc

2 . throw the fusion into the garbage ... and think about it before next time buying a whatever gopro.

There is one thing that is certain : there will be never ever  a fix or further development for the fusion ...

Tourist

[ New ]

I use both Mac(just upgraded to Big Sur... 😟) and PC(Windows 10) and only version that is working now is studio 1.4 on Windows only. studio 1.3 on Windows used to work but it crash in the middle.

Hiker

[ New ]

@marksk1218 wrote:
Good luck getting GoPro to do anything. They don’t seem to care. All they want you to do is buy another camera. Best solution some of us have is go back to fusion studio 1.2. That’s pretty buggy though and crashes.

Buying another camera ("upgrading" to the Max) would be another gamble. And rewarding GoPro for bad behavior.

Nothing would stop GoPro from abandoning the Max in another year. Their commitment to the Fusion tells you everything about possible future support for the Max.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi OP,

I too have a Fusion camera I bought a few months ago for only $200 though, and I have (thanks to your community) not upgraded to infamous Mac Os Big Sur. I have a few suggestions

0) regardless of what you do, I strongly recommend you hold onto any unstitched video/photo files on your gopro's SD cards or in your computer's Pictures folder

1) The gopro iPhone app seems to still be able to do a weak job of stitching and exporting to youtube in low res (you can then use your YouTube Takeout to download the equirectangular 360 video to your desktop https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout/custom/youtube)

2) You could wait for someone to make a very low-quality free 3rd-party software for desktop and post to github, though be sure to google search about the developer before installing it, wouldn't want to end up with adware/malware on your device

3) You could try downgrading your Mac to Catalina. I have seen some websites but recommend you follow the steps WORD FOR WORD if you try https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/downgrade-macos-3581872/

4) You could try running fusion studio on one of the other computers in your house, though I imagine they would not be as powerful (potentially not even powerful enough)

5) You could try running windows version that supports Fusion Studio using BootCamp (software by Apple for that purpose)

Haven't tried any of these myself (except the gopro iphone app) not sure if they work

Tourist

[ New ]

- I haven't tried this myself yet, but THANK YOU royalflame55565!

@royalflame55565 wrote:

Solution - Fusion Studio 1.2 works on macOS Big Sur ✅

Hi! I also upgraded to Big Sur to find out that Fusion studio 1.3 is not working.

But, I found out that one of the previous versions, Fusion Studio 1.2, is actually working on Big Sur (Filename FusionStudio_Mac_Sierra_120_2018-05-11.dmg). I stiched a few videos and the process works flawelessly. I still had this old install available, but I understand that most of you have not.

I could not find a download link on the GoPro site, but I'm sure that GoPro will post the link to version 1.2 below to help everybody out!

For the time being, you can access the download here: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/152ff197-6698-434d-6a11-adbf1a00faf8