Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Fusion Studio is not importing files

Had the same issue(s)... here's the fix (and issue).

Depedning on how many files you've recorded and by what means you've been managing/deleting the recordings (mobile app, desktop app, etc) the file names for the FRONT and BACK files get out of sync.

I pulled my SD cards and looked at each set of folders... the FRONT folder had files for videos "15" and "16" and "20"... the BACK card had files for videos "16" and "20" and "21".  The videos files for the mismatched numbers, i.e for all the files except "20" wouldn't cope/play/do anything, so deleted them all... leaving me with the files for "20" for both the FRONT and BACK folders.

I then put the SD cards back in the camera, plugged the camera into my computer, fired up Fusion Studio and VOILA! - it found my camera *and* my media... and, I am now redering the video.

GORPO - Please take note: your cameras are great. your software is awful. and, this makes the customer expereince awful.  I was just about to trash this camera and go with one of your competitors.  I am sure many of your other customers feel the same way.

Highlighted
Tourist

GORPO (sic) doesn't listen to their customers, sadly.

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

Highlighted
Sightseer

Since upgrading to Fusion Studio 1.3 on macOS 10.13.6, I can no longer import local media.  I still have Studio 1.2 installed which works fine, so something has definitely changed in 1.3.

I did find a workaround that will force Studio 1.3 to discover the local content and import it successfully.  You must create a folder inside the built-in "Movies" folder, and call it "Fusion".  Inside the Fusion folder, put your front and back media folders, and name them "Front" and "Back".

This means your final directories will be ~/Movies/Fusion/Front and ~/Movies/Fusion/Back.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon in a bugfix release?  It's pretty annoying to not be able to import stuff without copying content and renaming directories.

Highlighted
Sightseer

thanks for that tip - it worked. As you already said, it is really annoying that GoPro once again updates the software and introduces new problems!! Please GoPro fix it and improve the stitching algorythm while you are at it...

Highlighted
GoPro

Great finding you got there, @quickbluff47064 . Did you ever get any notification, error or error code when you attempted to import local media files to Fusion Studio version 1.3? We will be sending this as feedback to the team so we can look into what maybe causing the trouble. Hope to hear back from you. 

Highlighted
Tourist

This worked for me but my boot hard drive (where ~movies is located) only has about 20 GB left so I can't work with all my memory cards at once. This is ridiculous!

Is there any other way to point to an external drive. I've tried locating them and it the app flashes to the import screen and then back to the start-up screen.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @foggyvista62843

You should be able to select the import or offload location of your Fusion Studio media under Edit, then Preferences in Fusion Studio. 

If you intend to use an external hard drive, make sure that it is going to be connected at all times that there is activity with Fusion Studio. 

Is this what you ave attempted? Were you getting an error message when it went back to the startup screen? How much space did you have on the external drive? 

Thanks, 
Marius