Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: Fusion Studio is not importing files

For the Gopro Fusion windows application, I found an solution: reset the camera to factory settings.

It worked for me

Tourist

VERY VERY DISAPOINTED IN GOPRO.

Why do you lauch a product when your software isn't even ready?!?!?

Sad day for GoPro

Sightseer

POSSIBLE WORK AROUND SOLUTION Re: Fusion Studio is not importing files

I had the same problem.  Fusion studio not recognizing any files to import.  I just got it to work by changing the Import and Export directories under Preferences menu in Fusion Studio.  I created folders [Fusion Imports] and [Fusion Exports] and they're located on an external drive.  Plugged my Fusion in again and it successfully imported the files.  Hope this works for others!  I'm running Mac OS High Sierra on a MacBook Pro.

John

Tourist

Just wanted to mention my similar concerns and what I have found as a troubleshooting method that has been fullproof...so, the GoPro Fusion Software Team may be of interest to my post.

First, I have a 2017 MacBook Pro 13" and running 10.13.1.  My Fusion is up to date with the latest firmware, and GoPro Quik is running 2.3.0.6256, which is also up to date.  I have no other apps open when trying to import, have at least 4GB of RAM available, and since I also own a Hero5, I am familiar with GoPro importing procedures.  So, long story short, there really shouldn't be anything on my end that is causing me to get nothing...not when I plug the device in, and not when using any GoPro app (either Quik, Studio, or Fusion Studio).

Also, I have found that using a USB-to-USB-C adapter to connect my Fusion (and Hero5 for that matter) to my MacBook Pro Thunderbolt3 port with the supplied GoPro USB cable is a fail.  I use a USB-C cord that I purchased afterwards to directly connect my GoPros to my Mac.  I have also used the supplied power cord that came with my computer.

So, what have I found works every (annoying) time?  I close the app, disconnect the cable from my computer and Fusion, and unplug the battery for a moment.  When I plug the battery back into the Fusion, connect the cord to my computer, connect the cord to the camera, and power on the Fusion, GoPro Quik launches and imports as it should.

This is annoying and needs to be fixed (and I imagine it will), but at least it beats taking out the two MicroSD cards and importing manually.

Tourist

I have managed to get GoPro Fusion Studio to recognise the files from the SD cards by transferring all the files on to the hard drive in their own front and back folders under a main folder called Fusion.

The software recognises the videos every time. Folder structure is Fusion>Back> then all the files with the same name (I have 4 files). Next one is Fusion>Front> then all the files with the same name ( this time I only have 3 files).

The problem I am having is rendering. Studio seems to want to render and starts, with the CPU going up to 100% for a few minutes, then it drops down to neglible amount and the Memory is being used up. After a few hours the status bar is still on rendering but no percentage and I can't click on the cancel button. I have tried this 10 times and still the same thing, using different files and different rendering settings, but the result is always the same.

I only get a black video file with the audio, no video on the file. I saw another person with this issue but no answers from GoPro. Has anyone else managed to fix this issue with blank videos? 

I am lucky that I can still return this camera, but I really just want the thing to work!!

Sightseer

I have the same problem with the software. Works on my quad core 4.0 at home on Windows 10 but not on my Surface Pro 3 which is able to run Premiere Pro and After Effects. So far pretty disappointed. My cheaper (and lesser quality) Insta 360 works like a charm. The files are stitched in the camera. No rendering required.

Sightseer

Fusion Studio is not importing files - Work around

I found a simple workaround that worked. Just put the files Front & Back in one folder. I just tried it one file. So the file including all front & back files that had the same name. And was succesfull so I took all the files from front & back and did the samea dn that did the trick.

I'm on a mac.

Tourist

Hi im having the same problem? did you find a way to fix it? Thanks!