Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: Fusion Studio is not importing files

It would be really nice if someone from GoPro would come in and address these issues and possible timing for fixing what are abvious software flaws. 

Tourist

@jefft do you have any insight you can provide? 

GoPro Community Manager

In the cases we've seen, it appears to be a conflict with another app on the computer that tried to import the content. For example, if you have an importer like Photos already on your computer and it tries to start importing, even if you tell it not to, Fusion Studio still sees that that app is trying to communicate with the camera and won't interrupt that communication.

If this sounds like what is happening with you, when you plug in the camera, if that other app pops up with a "would you like to import" message, click the "forget this device" option (or whatever your app calls it). If there isn't an option like that on the pop up, then you should be able to tell the app to not try to automatically begin the import process from the options within the app itself.

After you've done that, the next time you connect the Fusion, it should import without any issues. If it doesn't please let our Support team know and they'll look into other potential causes.

Also, you can still import the content directly from the SD cards using an SD card adapter.

Jeff

Tourist

I don't have any conflicting apps and it won't import directly from the GoPro. I can do the SD card trick, but any kind of rendering I do results in blank black photos or videos. I can't create any kind of useful content like that.
Tourist

@jefft I don't use the Photos app and no apps automatically launch when I import any kind of media. I haven't allowed that for many years. I have tried multiple ways to connect the Fusion and multiple cables, even in safe mode. No luck. Of course, I can load via the sd cards, but that requires that I remove the camera and it's not really a very elegant long-term solution. I will raise this issue with support. 

What I am more concerned with is the lack of ability to export from the iPhone app to the photo library on the phone. This seems like a major oversight. Do you have any information on when they expect to add this very basic functionality? 

Thanks, Jeff

Tourist

@jefft I was finally able to get the camera to connect to the desktop app after another restart and using a usb cable from Anker. I will try with the other cables again now, but at least I can see the functionality. Thanks for your help here. It would still be good to understand the level of awareness internally to the absolute need to have the iPhone app download to the photo library. 

Sightseer

@jefft - I ended up deleting all installs and resetting my fusion and am now able to connect and transfer photos to my Mac using fusion studio. One thing I’ve noticed with those renders however are the removal of gps data. Does the render tool eat the gps info from the fusion? —� Also like many others here, what’s wrong with the iPhone app that prevents us from saving files to our camera rolls or syncing it with the google street view app? Is that going to be fixed soon?
Sightseer

Just for a positive note, I don't think the problems lie with the camera but with the software not being abled to properly recognize the camera. I've shot a couple of 360 videos with it without any issues. But I haven't been abled to use the Fusion studio for importing. 

The best way currently seems to be (for me) to copy all the files from both SD cards to my PC via a cardreader. Then use Fusion studio's "browse for media" option and select the folder. Then it finds all the media fine, on the local hard drive. Just make sure you've copied each and every file - I've ran into troubles when there's something missing (which was totally my bad).

GoPro needs to put their Fusion studio team to work a bit more smashing out all the bugs. I've complete confidence that it'll be fixed within a few weeks to be honest.