Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Fusion Studio is not importing files

Hi, I am trying to get the content from my fusion to my ma book pro via usb. It doesn't launch the Fusion app on my desktop (like it's set to do) and when I click to "Browse Camera Media" it thinks about it for about 5 seconds and then goes back to the main screen where I choose to browse camera media or add media. 

It seems others have this problem. I have not yet found a slolution. 

Thanks

Ben

Screenshot 2019-02-21 at 22.13.20.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @stamp2008. What OS is your Mac running on, and what version of Fusion Studio is installed on it? Make sure that you computer is updated to the latest OS version and that you have latest version of Fusion Studio installed. There is information here on the latest Fusion and Fusion Studio updates.  In addition, see if the steps under Manual Import via SD Adapter here will allow you to see and import your Fusion footage. Let us know how it goes. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

I've tried SO MANY TIMES 

I've uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times. NEVER works. Using brand new macbook laptop and I can't add any files to Fusion studio EVER. 

Also why would I ever download the files from camera to laptop if I can't use them EVER! I'm returning this fusion and getting a regular 7 instead this is madness.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @davem005. If you haven't yet, make sure that you update your Fusion and the Fusion Studio to the latest (Beta) version. There are information and instructions here . Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

Hello:

I also had problems with fusion studio not recognizing things, but I figured out how to get it to work.

I use a MBPro.

- Create a folder on your computer titled FUSION to copy all files from each sd card too. (I always copy the files to my computer as it will process the render faster, and I want to make back ups.)

- Inside the FUSION folder, create another folder titled "Imports". This is where you will copy your "100GBACK" and "100GFRNT" folders from each sdcard. Do not change the "100GBACK" and "100GFRNT" folder names.

- Then in the same FUSION folder create a "Rendered" folder. This is the folder your rendered files to export too.

- Next, open Fusion Studio and go to Preferences.

- Select the "Imports" and "Rendered" folders you just created as the IMPORT LOCATION and EXPORT LOCATION respectively. 

- Once you have changed the Preferences locations, go back to the main "GET STARTED WTH FUSION STUDIO" screen and click on ADD MEDIA. Fusion studio will open the folder you just defined in Prefs.

- Select your files to render, add them to the render queue.

Best,

Ron

Highlighted
Tourist

Same problem with Fusion. Day 1 test, worked perfectly. Day 2, birth of my daughter, not content will load
Highlighted
Tourist

Same problem with Fusion. Day 1 test, worked perfectly. Day 2, birth of my daughter, not content will load. Tried to reinstall app, no luck
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @perk1969

Have you tried importing the files manually?

Instructions are listed on this link.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej