Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous

Fusion Studio is not importing files

[ New ]

Hi,

i've problems importing footage from fusion to any gopro app. On ipad, iphone or mac it does not work.

on mac - i'm connecting the fusion via usb, turn it on, fusion app is launching but does not import any files.

Just goes back to the start screen.

On ipad and iphone I have similar problems. I can reomte control the fusion, but cannot import any footage.

Fusion has the lates firmware.

thnx,

bo

GoPro Community Manager

Re: Fusion Studio is not importing files

[ New ]

@Anonymous - We have heard reports about Fusion Studio not importing from the camera. We're flagging this to the Fusion Studio team, but we don't have a solution to share from them just yet. In the meantime, you should still be able to offload content directly from the SD cards onto your computer. Once you've done that, you should be able to import the content into Fusion Studio.

What issues are you having connecting the Fusion your iPhone or iPad? Are you able to pair these devices to the Fusion using the GoPro app?

Jeff

Anonymous

[ New ]

I am having the same problem. It worked the first day I had my Fusion, I imported a video over 4hours in length with no issue. Now I am trying to import my footage from Thanksgiving which is less than 1hour and it won't import. (I understand you are working on this issue, I'm just adding to the sample size.)

Thank you.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hi Jeff,

On the Iphone:

I connect to the fusion via WLAN, than start the Gopro-App. 

Connect to camera. It asks me if i want to use bluetooth. I say yes.

I can see the footage, but as soon as I choose one the app crashes.

After that it does not work at all. I have to restart my phone to be able to connect again.

br,

bo

Anonymous

[ New ]

exactly the same thing with mine. I also cant upload from the card reader

Anonymous

[ New ]

im having the same problem and cant upload from the card reader either? 

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

@Anonymous - The content should be in subfolders labeled something like 100GBACK and 100GFRNT. Are you seeing those folders on the SD cards?

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

@Anonymous - Not sure why that's happening. Might be a good idea to uninstall and reinstall the app.

Anonymous

[ New ]

yes I uninstalled and reinstalled on my mac. yes i see 100gback N front and when i send them to my computer it does nothing. Nothing to click nothing saying it failed it just goes back to the main screen.

it worked fine on tuesday but now there is nothing to get to the editor even before i reinstalled it my files were gone

Anonymous

[ New ]
I Imported now from the sd cards. Worked fine. Thanks.
Tourist

[ New ]

Just off the chat with Support on this issue.

I am being told, "you must use the original cable that came with the Fusion". To my surprise it did work. I have 6-8 or more of the GoPro USB-C cables, as I do own a H5, H6, a Grip etc. I had not seen it necessary to keep the original Fusion cable separate. Honestly I don't buy it, and expect the problem to persist. Hope this helps you.

It is too much work to extract the cards separately, manually put in folder etc. I communicated my concerns.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I also have the cords for the 5, 5 session, 6 and the Karma and after reading your post i tried them all and still didnt work. So i went out and bought 2 more SanDisk extreme plus 128's and it worked with the newer cards? I also tried all the cords and they all worked fine with the new cards? Put the old cards back in and they still wont work? What is strange is they worked fine on tuesday and all the files play on my phone but just wont go to the Fusion studio by camera or card reader. Looks like ive lost all my F N footage of our Thanksgiving trip! 

Hiker

[ New ]

Same here. Fusion will not import media when connected to my Mac even using teh supplied cable.

Anonymous

[ New ]

GoPro Fusion Studio is not finding my GoPro Fusion and the GoPro App on the iPhone will not download files to the iPhone photo library. My experience with this camera so far is not good. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

You can not import files either directly from the fusion camera conected with the cable or the actual files on the cards. i see the front and back files in the cards bu it displays errors when i try to download them to the fusion program, Its a poor and frustrating program to say the least. 

Anonymous

[ New ]
You are not alone. My experience with it has been awful also. That camera was all hype and far for ready to be in the market.
Anonymous

[ New ]

Same here. Fusion Studio shoews the loading bar for several seconds, and then just goes back to the startscreen.

Funny since it worked, when i used it the last time some weeks ago...

I put a screenshot in the posting so you see what (not) happens. 

Seems to me the cam IS recognized by the system, since the bar will NOT be shown when the cam is switched off...

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-03 um 19.43.24.png
Anonymous

[ New ]

Same here. Fusion Studio shoews the loading bar for several seconds, and then just goes back to the startscreen.

Funny since it worked, when i used it the last time some weeks ago...

I put a screenshot in the posting so you see what (not) happens. 

Seems to me the cam IS recognized by the system, since the bar will NOT be shown when the cam is switched off...

fusion.jpg
Anonymous

[ New ]

I have this problem too. Files do not sync from the camera. I can pull the files directly off the SD and then import the files form my computer into Fusion Studio, but rendering anything gives me a black stilll image or black screen for the video. The sound will play, but all I see is a black image.

Anonymous

[ New ]

UPDATE!

I imported the folders 100gFrnt and 100gback to the harddisk, and tried to import. Didn´t work.

Then i put ALL files of BOTH folders into ONE folder and tried again, then it worked. 

Thought it would be nice to know for some people here, since there is NO USABLE INFORMATION about these problems to find.

I have 1and a half hours of footage here, and the fusion studio performes like **bleep**. It´s rendering THE FIRST FILE since 3 hours now, and there are another 10 files to come....

Seems there is a lot of work for you GOPRO GUYS to do...

Hope that helps someone out there...

Anonymous

[ New ]

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE!

I imported the folders 100gFrnt and 100gback to the harddisk, and tried to import. Didn´t work.

Then i put ALL files of BOTH folders into ONE folder and tried again, then it worked. 

Thought it would be nice to know for some people here, since there is NO USABLE INFORMATION about these problems to find.

I have 1and a half hours of footage here, and the fusion studio performes like **bleep**. It´s rendering THE FIRST FILE since 3 hours now, and there are another 10 files to come....

Seems there is a lot of work for you GOPRO GUYS to do...

Hope that helps someone out there...

I also put both types of files into one folder to be able to play around the pictures and videos, but rendering just gives me black photos or black videos. The sound will play, but I can't see anything.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I too am having problems importing files off of camera.  Same error as described.   Has anybody figured out a work flow to just manualy move the files and directories to the local hard drive  and be able to detect them and edit them in fusion.   The software is terrible and the documention is worse.   I had such High Hopes for this camera and put alot of money down on this.    I had a terrible experience with a Nikon KeyMission 360 camera but now Im feeling this is even worse.   Also,  is there any way to repair a 360 file that ends when the battery dies?  I tried fully recharging the Fusion and recording another file but that doesnt work. 

Anonymous

[ New ]
Hi. For me it works as follows:
Get card reader.
Put in card and copy the folder 100gfrnt and 100gback to your computer.
Now put all files of 100gback into the 100gfrnt folder
Now import in fusionstudio, it will recognize the giles now.
Anonymous

[ New ]
I’m having all sorts of app/software issues too. Not only does the camera not talk to the app to download (I’ve had to use remove the cards) but I also need to get the camera and app to work together. I can shoot and see photos with the iPhone app, even share it to Facebook.... but saving it to camera roll? Nope. Linking camera to street view app? Nope. Publish to twitter? Nope. Please fix these serious bugs that are preventing publishers from telling dynamic stories this camera is more than capable of doing if not for the app.
Anonymous

[ New ]

It would be really nice if someone from GoPro would come in and address these issues and possible timing for fixing what are abvious software flaws. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

@jefft do you have any insight you can provide? 

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

In the cases we've seen, it appears to be a conflict with another app on the computer that tried to import the content. For example, if you have an importer like Photos already on your computer and it tries to start importing, even if you tell it not to, Fusion Studio still sees that that app is trying to communicate with the camera and won't interrupt that communication.

If this sounds like what is happening with you, when you plug in the camera, if that other app pops up with a "would you like to import" message, click the "forget this device" option (or whatever your app calls it). If there isn't an option like that on the pop up, then you should be able to tell the app to not try to automatically begin the import process from the options within the app itself.

After you've done that, the next time you connect the Fusion, it should import without any issues. If it doesn't please let our Support team know and they'll look into other potential causes.

Also, you can still import the content directly from the SD cards using an SD card adapter.

Jeff

Anonymous

[ New ]
I don't have any conflicting apps and it won't import directly from the GoPro. I can do the SD card trick, but any kind of rendering I do results in blank black photos or videos. I can't create any kind of useful content like that.
Anonymous

[ New ]

@jefft I don't use the Photos app and no apps automatically launch when I import any kind of media. I haven't allowed that for many years. I have tried multiple ways to connect the Fusion and multiple cables, even in safe mode. No luck. Of course, I can load via the sd cards, but that requires that I remove the camera and it's not really a very elegant long-term solution. I will raise this issue with support. 

What I am more concerned with is the lack of ability to export from the iPhone app to the photo library on the phone. This seems like a major oversight. Do you have any information on when they expect to add this very basic functionality? 

Thanks, Jeff

Anonymous

[ New ]

@jefft I was finally able to get the camera to connect to the desktop app after another restart and using a usb cable from Anker. I will try with the other cables again now, but at least I can see the functionality. Thanks for your help here. It would still be good to understand the level of awareness internally to the absolute need to have the iPhone app download to the photo library. 

Anonymous

[ New ]
@jefft - I ended up deleting all installs and resetting my fusion and am now able to connect and transfer photos to my Mac using fusion studio. One thing I’ve noticed with those renders however are the removal of gps data. Does the render tool eat the gps info from the fusion? —� Also like many others here, what’s wrong with the iPhone app that prevents us from saving files to our camera rolls or syncing it with the google street view app? Is that going to be fixed soon?
Anonymous

[ New ]

Just for a positive note, I don't think the problems lie with the camera but with the software not being abled to properly recognize the camera. I've shot a couple of 360 videos with it without any issues. But I haven't been abled to use the Fusion studio for importing. 

The best way currently seems to be (for me) to copy all the files from both SD cards to my PC via a cardreader. Then use Fusion studio's "browse for media" option and select the folder. Then it finds all the media fine, on the local hard drive. Just make sure you've copied each and every file - I've ran into troubles when there's something missing (which was totally my bad).

GoPro needs to put their Fusion studio team to work a bit more smashing out all the bugs. I've complete confidence that it'll be fixed within a few weeks to be honest. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

same problem. connected with the USB to USB-C cable. "Browse Camera Media" hits 84% and bounds back to the starting sreen. 

Tried to copy in Windows browser. No proble coping the files from "Fusion Front", but when trying to copy the files from "Fusion Back", gets "This operation returned because the timeout period expired" every single time. 

The hardware is the best in sub $1K category. But the software is horrendous to say the least. Even trying to get the file from Fusion to a PC or Mac is mission impossible. 

Big let down GoPro!

Anonymous

[ New ]

Just received my Fusion today and discovered to my great disappointment that the app has no Android version. So i'm basically stuck with a useless camera. 

Anyway, tried doing some test shot manually and I have the same problem as everyone else: When trying to connect my fusion, it loads for a while and just snaps back to start screen.

Any solutions to this? And when will you provide the Android app?

Tourist

[ New ]
I am having the same problem. Very frustrating. In the Fusion Studio app i click on Browse Camera Media and it goes 89% and quits. “can’t render GPBK0211.MP4 Some files were not imported. (218). So now I am stopped. Tried 5 Times. HELP
Tourist

[ New ]
I see now I can take the cards out of the camera and download them to my pc then deal with them. Looking forward to having this camera direct download fixed.
Tourist

[ New ]
Now the system crashed when rendering my files
Anonymous

[ New ]
Did you combine both folders into 1 before you imported to fusion studio?
Anonymous

[ New ]

My Fusion doesnt' connect either directly to Studio App on my computer...

Also, when I try to import files directly form the computer (I've copied every "front-back" file on a single folder) it doesn't works either... Fusion Studio crashes when importing...

I couldn't use Fusion Studio in my computer...I have no way to edit or see my footages on my desktop...only iphone previews....

Very very frustrating, it is an unfinished product so far.

This is my first gopro product, If there are users here that could answer me, how many time use to take gorpo team to solve this early adopters problems?

Is there another software to edit my 360 videos with similar overcapture feature?

Thank you in advance, 

Tourist

[ New ]

Fusion Studio is absolutely NOT out of Beta regardless of what GoPro might claim. Just look at the lack of functionality within the app (if you can get it to read files at all)  The real problem for me is there is no workable way for me to get the files off the camera to even use in Autopano Video Pro.  The fusion studio won't load, Can't get them to work via Image Capture or anything else I've tried which implies a problem with the software on the camera itself.  Hopefully this can be fixed with a firmware update. If not, i've got an $800 paperweight. Very disappointed in GoPro and will be recommending others go with a different camera system for now. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

For the Gopro Fusion windows application, I found an solution: reset the camera to factory settings.

It worked for me

Tourist

[ New ]

VERY VERY DISAPOINTED IN GOPRO.

Why do you lauch a product when your software isn't even ready?!?!?

Sad day for GoPro

Anonymous

POSSIBLE WORK AROUND SOLUTION Re: Fusion Studio is not importing files

[ New ]

I had the same problem.  Fusion studio not recognizing any files to import.  I just got it to work by changing the Import and Export directories under Preferences menu in Fusion Studio.  I created folders [Fusion Imports] and [Fusion Exports] and they're located on an external drive.  Plugged my Fusion in again and it successfully imported the files.  Hope this works for others!  I'm running Mac OS High Sierra on a MacBook Pro.

John

Anonymous

[ New ]

Just wanted to mention my similar concerns and what I have found as a troubleshooting method that has been fullproof...so, the GoPro Fusion Software Team may be of interest to my post.

First, I have a 2017 MacBook Pro 13" and running 10.13.1.  My Fusion is up to date with the latest firmware, and GoPro Quik is running 2.3.0.6256, which is also up to date.  I have no other apps open when trying to import, have at least 4GB of RAM available, and since I also own a Hero5, I am familiar with GoPro importing procedures.  So, long story short, there really shouldn't be anything on my end that is causing me to get nothing...not when I plug the device in, and not when using any GoPro app (either Quik, Studio, or Fusion Studio).

Also, I have found that using a USB-to-USB-C adapter to connect my Fusion (and Hero5 for that matter) to my MacBook Pro Thunderbolt3 port with the supplied GoPro USB cable is a fail.  I use a USB-C cord that I purchased afterwards to directly connect my GoPros to my Mac.  I have also used the supplied power cord that came with my computer.

So, what have I found works every (annoying) time?  I close the app, disconnect the cable from my computer and Fusion, and unplug the battery for a moment.  When I plug the battery back into the Fusion, connect the cord to my computer, connect the cord to the camera, and power on the Fusion, GoPro Quik launches and imports as it should.

This is annoying and needs to be fixed (and I imagine it will), but at least it beats taking out the two MicroSD cards and importing manually.

Hiker

[ New ]

I have managed to get GoPro Fusion Studio to recognise the files from the SD cards by transferring all the files on to the hard drive in their own front and back folders under a main folder called Fusion.

The software recognises the videos every time. Folder structure is Fusion>Back> then all the files with the same name (I have 4 files). Next one is Fusion>Front> then all the files with the same name ( this time I only have 3 files).

The problem I am having is rendering. Studio seems to want to render and starts, with the CPU going up to 100% for a few minutes, then it drops down to neglible amount and the Memory is being used up. After a few hours the status bar is still on rendering but no percentage and I can't click on the cancel button. I have tried this 10 times and still the same thing, using different files and different rendering settings, but the result is always the same.

I only get a black video file with the audio, no video on the file. I saw another person with this issue but no answers from GoPro. Has anyone else managed to fix this issue with blank videos? 

I am lucky that I can still return this camera, but I really just want the thing to work!!

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have the same problem with the software. Works on my quad core 4.0 at home on Windows 10 but not on my Surface Pro 3 which is able to run Premiere Pro and After Effects. So far pretty disappointed. My cheaper (and lesser quality) Insta 360 works like a charm. The files are stitched in the camera. No rendering required.

Anonymous

Fusion Studio is not importing files - Work around

[ New ]

I found a simple workaround that worked. Just put the files Front & Back in one folder. I just tried it one file. So the file including all front & back files that had the same name. And was succesfull so I took all the files from front & back and did the samea dn that did the trick.

I'm on a mac.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hi im having the same problem? did you find a way to fix it? Thanks!

Anonymous

[ New ]

Had the same issue(s)... here's the fix (and issue).

Depedning on how many files you've recorded and by what means you've been managing/deleting the recordings (mobile app, desktop app, etc) the file names for the FRONT and BACK files get out of sync.

I pulled my SD cards and looked at each set of folders... the FRONT folder had files for videos "15" and "16" and "20"... the BACK card had files for videos "16" and "20" and "21".  The videos files for the mismatched numbers, i.e for all the files except "20" wouldn't cope/play/do anything, so deleted them all... leaving me with the files for "20" for both the FRONT and BACK folders.

I then put the SD cards back in the camera, plugged the camera into my computer, fired up Fusion Studio and VOILA! - it found my camera *and* my media... and, I am now redering the video.

GORPO - Please take note: your cameras are great. your software is awful. and, this makes the customer expereince awful.  I was just about to trash this camera and go with one of your competitors.  I am sure many of your other customers feel the same way.

Anonymous

[ New ]

GORPO (sic) doesn't listen to their customers, sadly.