Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: Fusion Studio is not importing files

[ New ]

Anonymous

[ New ]

Since upgrading to Fusion Studio 1.3 on macOS 10.13.6, I can no longer import local media.  I still have Studio 1.2 installed which works fine, so something has definitely changed in 1.3.

I did find a workaround that will force Studio 1.3 to discover the local content and import it successfully.  You must create a folder inside the built-in "Movies" folder, and call it "Fusion".  Inside the Fusion folder, put your front and back media folders, and name them "Front" and "Back".

This means your final directories will be ~/Movies/Fusion/Front and ~/Movies/Fusion/Back.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon in a bugfix release?  It's pretty annoying to not be able to import stuff without copying content and renaming directories.

Anonymous

[ New ]

thanks for that tip - it worked. As you already said, it is really annoying that GoPro once again updates the software and introduces new problems!! Please GoPro fix it and improve the stitching algorythm while you are at it...

GoPro

[ New ]

Great finding you got there, @Anonymous . Did you ever get any notification, error or error code when you attempted to import local media files to Fusion Studio version 1.3? We will be sending this as feedback to the team so we can look into what maybe causing the trouble. Hope to hear back from you. 

Tourist

[ New ]

This worked for me but my boot hard drive (where ~movies is located) only has about 20 GB left so I can't work with all my memory cards at once. This is ridiculous!

Is there any other way to point to an external drive. I've tried locating them and it the app flashes to the import screen and then back to the start-up screen.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @foggyvista62843

You should be able to select the import or offload location of your Fusion Studio media under Edit, then Preferences in Fusion Studio. 

If you intend to use an external hard drive, make sure that it is going to be connected at all times that there is activity with Fusion Studio. 

Is this what you ave attempted? Were you getting an error message when it went back to the startup screen? How much space did you have on the external drive? 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

I too am having issues importing. I updated to 1.3 anout 2 days ago and since then, its contasntly 'preparing media'.

No matter how may times I reinsert the camera bla bla.

Its really bloody annoying and more so that it just doesnt get fixed quickly as god only knows how long i have to wait with files on my camer i want to edit and upload to my YT channel.

This really is unacceptable considering the price of these things!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @loyaltree52205,

May we know the details or specs of your computer?

We just need the graphics card and processor details. 

If you can provide the dxdiag info that would really help us.

Thanks,

-Jay 

Tourist

[ New ]

Does this help?

As I said, I have been happily editing and upload away right up until I updated the 1.3 yesterday actually, but then never had time to import until today, when I have been at this all day to no avail.

Im trying the work around that someone mentioned about creating a Fusion folder in Movies, but I cant get it to work as I dont really understand what he was on about.

There must be another way to get the files to work in 1.3?

Many thanks 

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 17.07.43.png
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

I updated to Mojave first, then tried to use Fusion Studio 1.2 and it kept going back to the "get started.." screen (no red error message), tried connecting the camera method and the finding the files locally, no joy. I then updated to 1.3 and exactly the same thing. I have tried the Movies solution but that didnt work for me. I have the same spec as above, except that i'm running Mojave. Never had issues before.

Any suggestions/updates would be awesome

thanks

Justin

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @loyaltree52205 @hellolayercake

If you are still able to get to the initial set up page (where there is a lion on the background), make sure to uncheck the start launch option along the lower right corner.

Once done, relaunch the application then try again.

If you no longer get the said option, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the app.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Ej, not 100% following you on this. I never saw a lion on the background when i updated to 1.3, that being said I did delete the app and reinstall but still having the same issue.

Could you help me understand the instructions you sent. 

- in the initial set up when installing the pkg download youre saying i should see a lion as a background image, if so I do not

-when i install i do not see a start launch option, is just a basic mac app installation process

any other thoughts, thanks

Justin

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

I dont understand what 'lion' you are referring too either?

Thanks

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi!

This is the start up screen I am referring to,

Try to relaunch the application or you may need to do a complete uninstall then reinstall it again.

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for clarifying, so here's what I did, short version first however, that didn't work

- completely unistalled, made sure all aspects in ~/Library/ were deleted as well

- complete mac restart

- after a few delete failures (I obviously hadn't removed all remaining hidden files) i saw the splash screen you posted

- I deselected the bottom left option, "start / launch when camera connected" i assume thats what you meant as there wasn't one on the bottom right

restarted app, clicked add media and nothing I'm affraid. Tried the camera media add and thats the same!

any other thoughts, appreciate the help Ej

Justin

GoPro

[ New ]

HI @hellolayercake

I am sorry for the delay.

I have tested a couple of Mac computers and did not encounter the same issue. At this point, it will be best to reach out to our Support Team to further check on this.

You may reach them via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone, 

Please check on your end if updating your Mac to the latest OS (Mojave 10.14.1) clears the issue. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Hiker

[ New ]

I have the same problem, but found a temporary solution.

- Copied all files to my hard drive.

- Launch FS 1.3

- Instead of clicking the "Find files on may camera or media on my drive buttons", just drag the files from hard drive onto FS 1.3 launch screen.

It will load them and advance to the next screen where you can edit. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Purchasing gopro fusion is worst decision of life, It's not supportable on google streetview, 360 photo quality is very poor, 360 video rendering is not possible as the software crashes. I recommend people not to purchase gopro fusion

Sightseer

[ New ]

DOES NOT help me, I have a macbook w/ USB C so the cable is not compatible and won't work with the dongle - how asinine! I can import to image capture but the format (MP4) is not recognized by the Fusion App so it's an exercise in futility. I bought a GoPro years ago and ran into the same kind of headaches, thought they would've fixed it by now...wish I hadn't bought the Hero 7 black.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @graystoke13612

See if the beta version will sort out the issue.

Information and instructions are found on this article: Fusion 2.0 Beta Update for your GoPro Fusion

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

I am also on a MacBook Pro USB-C

I had copied the files to my local hard drive via a card reader. Then, dragged them into Fusion Studio.

I always copy files to my local hard drive because tihngs will process faster.

Did you try copying the files to your local hard drive?

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi, I am trying to get the content from my fusion to my ma book pro via usb. It doesn't launch the Fusion app on my desktop (like it's set to do) and when I click to "Browse Camera Media" it thinks about it for about 5 seconds and then goes back to the main screen where I choose to browse camera media or add media. 

It seems others have this problem. I have not yet found a slolution. 

Thanks

Ben

Screenshot 2019-02-21 at 22.13.20.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @stamp2008. What OS is your Mac running on, and what version of Fusion Studio is installed on it? Make sure that you computer is updated to the latest OS version and that you have latest version of Fusion Studio installed. There is information here on the latest Fusion and Fusion Studio updates.  In addition, see if the steps under Manual Import via SD Adapter here will allow you to see and import your Fusion footage. Let us know how it goes. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

I've tried SO MANY TIMES 

I've uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times. NEVER works. Using brand new macbook laptop and I can't add any files to Fusion studio EVER. 

Also why would I ever download the files from camera to laptop if I can't use them EVER! I'm returning this fusion and getting a regular 7 instead this is madness.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @davem005. If you haven't yet, make sure that you update your Fusion and the Fusion Studio to the latest (Beta) version. There are information and instructions here . Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]

Hello:

I also had problems with fusion studio not recognizing things, but I figured out how to get it to work.

I use a MBPro.

- Create a folder on your computer titled FUSION to copy all files from each sd card too. (I always copy the files to my computer as it will process the render faster, and I want to make back ups.)

- Inside the FUSION folder, create another folder titled "Imports". This is where you will copy your "100GBACK" and "100GFRNT" folders from each sdcard. Do not change the "100GBACK" and "100GFRNT" folder names.

- Then in the same FUSION folder create a "Rendered" folder. This is the folder your rendered files to export too.

- Next, open Fusion Studio and go to Preferences.

- Select the "Imports" and "Rendered" folders you just created as the IMPORT LOCATION and EXPORT LOCATION respectively. 

- Once you have changed the Preferences locations, go back to the main "GET STARTED WTH FUSION STUDIO" screen and click on ADD MEDIA. Fusion studio will open the folder you just defined in Prefs.

- Select your files to render, add them to the render queue.

Best,

Ron

Tourist

[ New ]
Same problem with Fusion. Day 1 test, worked perfectly. Day 2, birth of my daughter, not content will load
Tourist

[ New ]
Same problem with Fusion. Day 1 test, worked perfectly. Day 2, birth of my daughter, not content will load. Tried to reinstall app, no luck
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @perk1969

Have you tried importing the files manually?

Instructions are listed on this link.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej