Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Fusion Studio/MacOS Mojave compatibility?

[ New ]

Before I upgrade, just trying to figure out if FStudio is compatibile with the new OS.  Has anyone given it a try?  Thanks!

Tourist

Re: Fusion Studio/MacOS Mojave compatibility?

[ New ]

hey, I dont know if its a Mojave thing or a 1.3 thing (see other posts) but studio does not work in Mojave. It doesn't for me any way.

Interestingly enough non of the previous versions work either so probably a Mojave thing.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Fusion Studio 1.3 will not load fusion via usb since Mojave OS update.  Also will not import files from HD either.  Very frustrated. 

Movies are trapped on Fusion for now.  WTF

Hiker

[ New ]

FS 1.2 works for me after loading from hard drive, but won't connect to camera.  FS 1.3 won't even boot up.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi everyone!

I am sorry for any delays. 

Please reach out to our Support Team to check on the issue further.

They are available by phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Fusion Studio/MacOS does not work with Mojavefor me. Camera not recognized, does not find any media.

is there a fix? Tx.

Best,

Andreas

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @arftown2018

Our team is currently working on this issue. In the meantime, manually import your Fusion files through the use of an SD card adapter. You can find instructions on how to do it here

We will keep you posted on the fix. Let us know how works out on your end. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello,

I have the same issue. It is very annoying with a camera which costs more than CHF 700.

From where on is the fix available?

Kind regards

René Frutiger

Tourist

[ New ]

When can we expect a fix?

@mariustanya wrote:

Hello @arftown2018

Our team is currently working on this issue. In the meantime, manually import your Fusion files through the use of an SD card adapter. You can find instructions on how to do it here

We will keep you posted on the fix. Let us know how works out on your end. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, Please can you advise status of this situation asap.  I too cannot connect my camera to my Mac running Mojave - this incompatibility is unnacceptable on a £600+ camera.   If no fix is imminent I shall return the camera for a refund. Thanks. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Just FYI, you can use the Image Capture app to automatically transfer all the files to your hard drive and edit from there.  But yeah, my camera hasn't been detected by Fusion studio since the 1.2 release.  Probably won't get fixed since they fired pretty much all of their 360 video software team (Kolor).  

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for this.  Unfortunately, if Gopro aren't willing to invest in their software, I'm not willing to invest in their product.  it's nuts that they can launch a new high end camera and drop support for it so soon.  Thanks again though. S

Hiker

[ New ]

Could be worse, I also own the GoPro Omni, which all in all was about a $7000 investment, and they never even updated their $1000 professional VR editing software to support High Sierra.  My editing rig has to remain on Sierra just be able to use it.  Now they've shut down that company and basically all support for it.  

Tourist

[ New ]

When will the fix be ready?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone, 

There is a recently -released Mac OS version 10.14.1. Please see if updating to this latest version resolves the issue. Let us know how it goes. 

Many thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

OK, I updated to Mac OS version 10.14.1 yesterday and this FIXES THE CONNECTIVITY ISSUE with the Fusion Camera and Fusion Studio.  Thanks for the heads up.    All I need now is to learn how to use Fusion Studio on the MacBook - Any good Tutorials please feel free to let me know (without hi jacking this thread I hope)

Hiker

[ New ]

I can't even get it to launch.  1.2 worked for me, but I had to uninstall it to make sure it wasn't interfering with the new install of 1.3.  Just says application not responding.  I have deleted p-lists, uninstalled VR player, everything.  So now I have a camera I can't even edit footage with.  I'm so angry.  

Hiker

[ New ]

Well luckily, I had 1.2 installed on another comoputer and was able to copy the application and support folders over, so I at least have version 1.2 again on my laptop.  I cannot believe that GoPro doesn't offer to download previous versions of the buggy, crap software.  As a professional user (I also own the Omni, whose over $1000 software they have completely dropped software support for), I am extremely, and I mean EXTREMELY angry at GoPro right now.  

Sightseer

[ New ]

Good news.......finally!!   

Just updated to Mojave 10.14.1 and my Fusion camera is now recognized in Fusion Studio.  

Hiker

[ New ]

OK, I am going to say this again to try and get some help from someone from this company.  I CANNOT OPEN FUSION STUDIO 1.3 ON EITHER OF MY COMPUTERS.  It's not a OSX 14.1 issue, as it doesn't open on High Sierra either.  There's obviously something interfering with version 1.3 as version 1.2 does work but won't connect to the camera.  I need some support as calling in has gotten me absolutely NOWHERE because your support in India has no idea what they are talking about.

Tourist

[ New ]

In case this is of use, I did the following in this order:  

1. Deleted previous versions and installed GoPro Fusion Studio 1.3 (Still Nothing)

2. Deleted the GoPro Quik app from my MBP as it kept opening when I connected the Fusion.  (Still Nothing)

3. Updated MPB to release OS X 10.14.1 - SUCCESS

posting this so you can see exactly what worked for me in case this has any relevance for you.

Hiker

[ New ]

I had done all that, but I just figured out the solution. Little Snitch interferes with 1.3 and prevents it from opening.   Posted it here:

Studio 1.3 not compatible with Little Snitch

Nomad

[ New ]

Patiently waited for some news, held off on Mojave update....

Finally....

Updated to Mojave 10.14.1,

plugged in Fusion,

turned it on and...

Fusion Studio immediately prompted an update....

updated via MicroSD card (be patient and wait until it resets completely and gives you the tick)....

re-started Fusion Studio,

plugged in Fusion,

turned it on and....

TADA! It's working again....

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for confirming @capediver

This can help other users encountering issues on the same OS.

Feel free to post back if something comes up.

Sightseer

[ New ]

So far I cannot get it to work and the GoPro support team isn't owning up to the problem. They are wasting my time back and forth with useless emails.

Good luck,

Sightseer

[ New ]

They haven't solved the problem and I cannot talk to a human who can handle this question. Noone is owning up to the problem. I purchased this camera specificly for a project and the content is trapped on the camera. 

Chris

Hiker

[ New ]

Works fine for me now.  Make sure you are fully updated on MacOS.  Also, Little Snitch was interfering with the communication between camera and Fusion Studio on my Mac and wouldn't work until I uninstalled Little Snitch.  If you have LS or something similar uninstall and retry it.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have a mac pro 2016, Mojave 10.14.2 and I have the same problem...my workaround is remove the fusion battery and plug everything again.

Tourist

[ New ]

Same issue.  Fusion Studio 1.3 won't even install on OS Mojave 10.14.4 . I now have a $400 paperweight on my desk

Tourist

Re: Fusion Studio/MacOS Mojave compatibility? - Installation errors? Check out this fix

[ New ]

I finally got FusionStudio to install...I had to install a beta version.  Here's what I did

Here's the fix for a failed Fusion Studio install under OS Mojave 10.14.4::

1.  Uninstall GoPro Quick from your desktop

2.  Download and install the latest GoPro Quick 2.70.874

3.  Go to https://gopro.com/help . Search for Fusion Studio beta (you may have to search twice to find it)

4.  Install Fusion Studio beta 1.4.0.302

The Fusion Studio install throws an error at the last step.  Ignore the error (See the screenshot of the error attached).

Look in your Applications - Fusion Studio will be there even though it threw an error during the install (the same as 1.3 did)

5.  Launch Fusion from your applications.

6.  Update your Fusion's firmware per the instructions in the Fusion Studio app (download and install on SD card 1, etc.)

7.  Shoot some footage on the Fusion

8.  Open Fusion Studio.  Your footage should be there.

Worked for me, your mileage may vary.

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 4.21.58 PM.png
Hiker

[ New ]

I am running Mojave (10.14.3) with Fusion Studio 1.4 and having no issues at all. Have you tried this new version of Studio? 

Screenshot 2019-04-18 12.16.58.png
Tourist

[ New ]

I'm on an iMac Pro with Mojave and Fusion Studio 1.3 and 1.4 dont work since upgrading from High Sierra. Customer service/tech dept. keep going back and forwarth with emails that are going nowhere. I was first told that Fusion Studio on Mojave has been fixed, then that my gfx card isnt up to the task (Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB), but they're refusing to acknowledge that there are a lot of people who are having the same issues with Fusion Studio on Mojave. Lets get it sorted GoPro, its an app, it surely cant be that difficult for your team to fix it.

Hiker

[ New ]
When you say they “don’t work” - can you describe the problem? Does Fusion Studio launch? What errors are you getting (if any). It’s impossible to help without details.

I’m running Mojave 10.14.3 with Fusion Studio 1.4 and having no problems (see screenshots above)
Tourist

[ New ]

Yeah Fusion Studio launches, but thats where it ends, wont load the footage from the Fusion and wont even load the copied files on the computer itself. Everything is updated, iMac Pro is 10.14.4, Fusion Studio is 1.4, and Fusion has the latest update also. Fusion studio doesnt work on any other Mojave mac in my office either, 1x Mac Pro, various Macbook Pro's and older late 2015 iMacs too. I have had a case going for a few weeks and have explained everything on there too but its slow going.

Hiker

[ New ]
Ok, so the app launches - that’s good to know
Does it connect with the camera? (Regardless of whether you can view/load the files)
What format are the files in on the camera? (Settings)
What Firmware is installed on the Fusion?
Have you tried connecting your Fusion to another computer (even Windows) to ensure the files are viewable elsewhere? Could it be that the files themselves are corrupt? You need to eliminate the camera as a source of the problem before blaming the app.

The more details you give, the easier it is to help you.
GoPro

[ New ]

@niceshore18014, in addition to @glennferguson's suggestions, do you get the same results if you import the files by connecting the microSD cards using a card reader? Also, ensure to have your graphics card driver up-to-date with the latest version.

Tourist

[ New ]
Just eliminated the camera as the problem, found an iMac still running High Sierra and low and behold, connects instantly and all footage viewable and editable in Fusion Studio. Files also viewable through GoPro app on iPhone. The iMac pro we use as the main edit suite ran fusion studio perfectly while on High Sierra and as soon as it was updated to Mojave, Fusion Studio failed, along with another 3 MacBook Pro’s and 2 iMac late 2015’s. Aenriquez, Fusion Studio won’t import files directly copied to the internal hard drive on the Mojave systems. Everything is up to date with latest firmwares. Like I said, it is definitely the Fusion Studio’s compatibly with Mojave, there may be anomalies with certain systems but we have the same issues across 6 different macs on Mojave.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for the update, @niceshore18014. Just to verify, after your computer got updated to Mojave 10.14.4, have you already gone through reinstalling the Fusion Studio v1.4?

While Fusion Studio launches fine, when importing files (manual or directly from the camera), do you get any error message/prompt? Or the import screen appears as if it's working on the process then goes right back to the main window?

Tourist

[ New ]
Yeah tried everything, installed FS1.3 same issues, reinstalled FS1.4, same issues. You are right, Fusion Studio launches, then appears to try to import, them straight back to main window. Tried removing the battery from Fusion and connecting USB-C cable so it doesn’t try charging the battery, same issues.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for the update @niceshore18014. We're looking further into details here.

By any chance, have you also already tried reinstalling the camera's firmware v2.0? Fusion 2.0 Beta Update for your GoPro Fusion

If possible, you may also test reinstalling the official Fusion v1.8 version to see if that will make any difference.

Your time and patience are very much appreciated.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Was able to get it working over USB by pulling the battery in my fusion.

Macbook Pro Touchbar / Radeon Pro 560 15" 2017
Mojave 10.14.5
Fusion on 2.0 Beta Firmware
Fusion Studio 1.4 RC2

Super frustrating, waste of an hour of my day trying to get this to work. Would expect better from a high-end action camera company.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for posting @bend40

We'll have this shared to the team.

Feel free to get back to us if something comes up.

Regards,

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Exact same thing happening on my machine. 

I'm unable to import any files from the camera -- and have deadlines.  I tried w/ firmware 1.8 and now I've installed 2.0 to see if it changed.  Does exactly what @niceshore18014 has been posting.  

Any fixes or work-arounds?

GoPro

[ New ]

Please reach out to our Support Team to have this checked further @lewisb82612

They are available by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Let the mknow of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Regards,

Ej