Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Fusion Studio/MacOS Mojave compatibility?

I can't even get it to launch.  1.2 worked for me, but I had to uninstall it to make sure it wasn't interfering with the new install of 1.3.  Just says application not responding.  I have deleted p-lists, uninstalled VR player, everything.  So now I have a camera I can't even edit footage with.  I'm so angry.  

Highlighted
Hiker

Well luckily, I had 1.2 installed on another comoputer and was able to copy the application and support folders over, so I at least have version 1.2 again on my laptop.  I cannot believe that GoPro doesn't offer to download previous versions of the buggy, crap software.  As a professional user (I also own the Omni, whose over $1000 software they have completely dropped software support for), I am extremely, and I mean EXTREMELY angry at GoPro right now.  

Highlighted
Sightseer

Good news.......finally!!   

Just updated to Mojave 10.14.1 and my Fusion camera is now recognized in Fusion Studio.  

Highlighted
Hiker

OK, I am going to say this again to try and get some help from someone from this company.  I CANNOT OPEN FUSION STUDIO 1.3 ON EITHER OF MY COMPUTERS.  It's not a OSX 14.1 issue, as it doesn't open on High Sierra either.  There's obviously something interfering with version 1.3 as version 1.2 does work but won't connect to the camera.  I need some support as calling in has gotten me absolutely NOWHERE because your support in India has no idea what they are talking about.

Highlighted
Tourist

In case this is of use, I did the following in this order:  

1. Deleted previous versions and installed GoPro Fusion Studio 1.3 (Still Nothing)

2. Deleted the GoPro Quik app from my MBP as it kept opening when I connected the Fusion.  (Still Nothing)

3. Updated MPB to release OS X 10.14.1 - SUCCESS

posting this so you can see exactly what worked for me in case this has any relevance for you.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

I had done all that, but I just figured out the solution. Little Snitch interferes with 1.3 and prevents it from opening.   Posted it here:

Studio 1.3 not compatible with Little Snitch

Highlighted
Nomad

Patiently waited for some news, held off on Mojave update....

Finally....

Updated to Mojave 10.14.1,

plugged in Fusion,

turned it on and...

Fusion Studio immediately prompted an update....

updated via MicroSD card (be patient and wait until it resets completely and gives you the tick)....

re-started Fusion Studio,

plugged in Fusion,

turned it on and....

TADA! It's working again....

Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for confirming @capediver

This can help other users encountering issues on the same OS.

Feel free to post back if something comes up.