Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Fusion Studio 1.3 memory leak (on larger render queues)

I'm having the same problem, can't even render a 30 seconds video without having to constantly pause the process to keep the program from crashing, I have 32GB of RAM, an i7 4790k, a GTX1080ti. Thinking on returning the camera since GoPro seems to have completly abandon this product, the Fusion is my first GoPro camera and for all this it seems it will be my last.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @ernf1107

What were the rendering options you have selected?

Please see information listed on this thread

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

@rainabba wrote:

More searching led me to the following and after switching to stereo audio, it looks like my stitching jobs are running now, without the ram leak.

Hope this helps someone else.

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/GoPro-Fusion-Studio-1-3-ALWAYS-crashing-when-using-360-Audio/...

Thanks for the tip. Looks like the issue is with the Cineform codec and 360 audio. You can render with 360 audio if you chose ProRes but the filesize will be about twice as big. At least I can actually render now on ProRes until GoPro gets their **bleep** together.

Highlighted
Hiker

I stopped the problem when I selected stereo audio instead of surround audio. Selecting ProRes 422 with surround may help. Hope you have the original video data to re-render. This is a work around not cure! and the software needs more work on it.

Highlighted
Hiker

I can confirm that stereo audio fixes the problem for regular 5.2k Cineform videos, however the problem persists if you are trying to render timelapses at 5.2k cineform