Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Found a way to reframe on Windows!

[ Edited ]

After much experimenting, I finally found a way to reframe on Windows. It's not ideal, it's not the highest quality, but until GoPro come up with their own software, I think it's the only way you can reframe on Windows (if you don't have the expensive Premiere).

1. Download to PC using the Max Exporter.

2. Upload the .mov file to YouTube

3. In YouTube Studio, download the uploaded video to your PC (it's one of the options under the three dots, if you hover over a video in your list.

4. Open the download .mp4 video with Insta360 Studio

Because the YouTube download has preserved the 360 metadata, Insta360 Studio will recognise it as a panoramic video, and you can  reframe/add keyframes (Overcapture).

It's not the highest quality, but at least it shows you what you could do with reframing, if GoPro made their own software to do it on a PC.

I did try converting the .mov file with other free software apps, but none preseved the metadata.

Hiker

Re: Found a way to reframe on Windows!

haha that's awesome GoPro, we have to use your closest competitor's software with your camera.   Get on the ball, too many complaints about the software, or lack of....  I sure hope something is in the works or there is going to be mass drop in GoPro loyal customers.

Hiker

I'm not GoPro, just another frustrated customer :)
Hiker

Yes, I was directing that comment at GoPro, but good to know at least you sorta 'can' edit on the desktop.   Like most others, I like the hardware, but software is severely lacking.

GoPro

Hello @jaws75 and @kleake. Windows is a fragmented operating system that covers a myriad of home setups. These setups require video encoding and decoding support for spherical media that need to be tested across multiple devices.

For this reason, we’re taking a little more time to get things ready to make sure it meets the expectation of our users. Rest assured, we are planning to add the same level of features for Windows as users with Mac currently get with the GoPro Player.

Next week, we’ll release a new version of the app that features:

1) Support for HEVC and H.264 exports including 360 audio

2) An improved user interface

3) 360 Audio enhancements for videos with Horizon Leveling and World Lock

4) Several bug fixes and enhancements

We would really appreciate it if you could test out the new update when it's released and update this thread so we know that the changes are working correctly..

Thanks!

Hiker

This is definitely a step in the right direction, and at least we know you are working on improving.  Will this by chance have the capability to reframe the video?  If not, when do you expect this to be available?

Hiker

I look forward to these updates, and am happy to update the thread.

I was actually on the verge of returning the Max, but finally decided to keep, because:

1. The things that can't be changed, ie hardware, are all positives: touchscreen, waterproof, protectable lenses, sturdy build.

2. All the negatives - lack of slo-mo in 360, lack of burst photo and true timelapse, various editing issues - are all theoretically things that can be improved with firmware and app updates.

Fingers crossed!

Hiker

Viene messa una videocamera sul mercato con un software che non funziona. Complimenti.

Inoltre ho provato gopro max export e crea file in formato mov da 1gb/10sec.