Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Fisheye removal does not work

To remove the fisheye is not working as it should. Is there any solution to this problem

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Fisheye removal does not work

[ Edited ]

The answer i got from gopro.

"

Hi Mikael,

Thanks for sending me that information! Unfortunately there are no more troubleshooting steps for us to move forward with.

In regard to  the earlier version of the software I am unable to provide it for you. It has come to my knowledge that even the earlier versions have this same recurring problem.

This is a known common issue and we have  a team working on this problem right now. Your information has provided us more knowledge on the topic and will use it to help us get this resolved.

We are looking at pushing out an update soon for the cameras and the software. This should hopefully address the issue and you will be able to go back to the clips you have previously recorded and edit the fisheye out of them. 

For now I would recommend shooting in linear view whenever you know you are wanting that setting.

I hope this helped out, if you have any other questions feel free to let me know!

Many Thanks,

View solution in original post

All Replies
Sightseer

I'm facing the same issue. Fisheye is not being removed if I convert a clip with "Remove Fisheye" active in advanced settings.

There are no changes after converting the clip.

Used software:

macOS Sierra 10.12.1

Go Pro Studio 2.5.10  

Tourist

[ Edited ]

The answer i got from gopro.

"

Hi Mikael,

Thanks for sending me that information! Unfortunately there are no more troubleshooting steps for us to move forward with.

In regard to  the earlier version of the software I am unable to provide it for you. It has come to my knowledge that even the earlier versions have this same recurring problem.

This is a known common issue and we have  a team working on this problem right now. Your information has provided us more knowledge on the topic and will use it to help us get this resolved.

We are looking at pushing out an update soon for the cameras and the software. This should hopefully address the issue and you will be able to go back to the clips you have previously recorded and edit the fisheye out of them. 

For now I would recommend shooting in linear view whenever you know you are wanting that setting.

I hope this helped out, if you have any other questions feel free to let me know!

Many Thanks,

Sightseer

when is this going to get fixed?
experiecing the same issue here.

Sightseer

when is this going to get fixed?
experiecing the same issue here.

Macbook Pro 2014

OSX 10.11.6

GoPro Studio Version 2.5.10 (2.5.10.5365)
HERO5 

Hiker

I have the same issue.

macOS Sierra 10.12.3 

GoPro Studio 2.5.10

Sightseer

To Bad that until now, GoPro has done nothing to fix the GoPro studio fisheye removal option for Hero 5. They dont care about the customers need. 

Sightseer

Same here. Clicking on Remove Fisheye does simply do nothing! At least I've found out neither me nor my PC are too stupid...