Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Extracting frames from HERO8 videos in Quik not working properly

Hi there, 

I would like to use Quik to extract frames from videos taken with my new HERO8 black. However when I use the Grab a Photo tool it does not synch with the frame I select, but instead shows a different frame from significantly earlier in the video, thus making it impossible to save the frames I would like. Any idea how to fix this?

Please do not suggest to use the mobile app because I am working with dozens of long and heavy videos and I don't have enough storage on my phone. 

Cheers!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Extracting frames from HERO8 videos in Quik not working properly

Hello, @grayriver10383. We just tried the same process on our end but we are unable to replicate the issue. If you haven't yet, try pausing the video on the frame that you would like to capture before clicking on the grab-a-photo icon. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Extracting frames from HERO8 videos in Quik not working properly

Hello, @grayriver10383. We just tried the same process on our end but we are unable to replicate the issue. If you haven't yet, try pausing the video on the frame that you would like to capture before clicking on the grab-a-photo icon. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!