Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Exported video screen tearing

[ New ]

When I export videos which i've recorded with the Max and keyframed in the Gopro player, i'm faced with multi screen tears throughout the video. 

I have tried running the camera with both Protune off and on and have replaced the SD card for the recommended Sandisk SD however this has made no difference. If I cant use the 360 element of the camera that rather defeats the purpose of buying it.

Ive attached a screenshot of this screen tearing. 

1.PNG
GoPro

Re: Exported video screen tearing

[ New ]

Hi @thomasw022

Were you able to run the update using the recommended SD card?

https://gopro.com/en/us/update/max

Once the update is done, do a rest recording.

Try to extend the distance of the camera and mount/handle and it will improve the stitching ability. The farther the distance of the subject, the better the stitching. The best way to mount MAX is at a distance similar to the length of the MAX Grip to avoid those stitch lines.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

I've updated the camera on a previous sd card. I factory reset the device to try and get the install prompt but didn't have any joy.

It seems that this is only occurring when exporting from the Player application. Having exported a file through the Go Pro mobile app I experienced none of the screen tearing issues in the export. Obviously I expect some of the stitching to be less than perfect due to the distance but in trying to highlight the tearing that seems to occur in the export

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @thomasw022

To verify, was the manual updated successful?

Can you also help us with the following information: SD cards used (brand type, capacity) | OS version and GoPro Player version

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

@aragon1006 

Hey appreciate the help, yeah i've now completed the manual update. 

Original SD Card - SanDisk Ultra 128GB

Current SD Card: SanDisk Extreme 128GB

Go pro player version: 1.0.0.263 

Thanks 

Tourist

[ New ]

In case someone comes across this, there wasnt any resolution. The issue lies with the Go pro software for windows, as this is limited to using the Go Pro player. 

Instead use Davinci Resolve and the Insta360 app. 

Very disappointed with the software side to this camera, thankfully the community has a solution.