Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Error Preparing ExporterEncoderFileWriter

Hello,

I had the same problem when I wanted to export my video to mp4 (Full HD)

I can confirm after I deleted all the titles in my video the problem with exporting was solved.

I dont know if this has to do with some fade in -out effects which I applied to the titles?

Either way it works. But a suitable update to resolve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Hi guys,

i just finished making a 20min video with music audio as well as Titles and i got this messgae as well "Error Preparing ExporterEncoderFileWriter"

I tried installing latest software, did not help

Too Fix... 

bascally i removed all the text titles then tried to export, it worked straight away....

so i then just added the text back in one by one and this time it worked?

must be a glitch but this is how i fixed it hope this helps :)

Anonymous

gopro error.jpg

Hi there I go the same error msg , tried deleted the text but still cannot help, it is just a video less than 3mins, can anyone help?

Thanks!

GoPro

Hi @Anonymous

Try this recommended suggestion:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-App-for-Desktop/Error-Preparing-ExporterEncoderFileWriter/m-p/7794/highlight/true#M1620

Also, please make sure the exported file doesn't already exist in the export location. 

Lastly, let's see if we can delete a specific file in order to reset GoPro Studio.

For the PC, you would need to browse to C://Users/<username>/AppData/Roaming/GoPro. Please make sure to input <username> as your personal computer username.

The 'appsettings' file is in the GoPro folder at this location. Delete the file and re-launch GoPro Studio. This will enable GoPro Studio to reset and open up as if it was the first time. Your current projects should have no affect with the change.

Keep in mind that the AppData folder is a hidden folder by default. You need to choose to show hidden files and folders for this to be visible.

Windows 10
From Control Panel type "folder" into the search bar and select Show hidden files and folders. This will open the Folder Options window.
Then, click on the View tab at the top of the window.
In Advanced Settings, locate "Hidden files and folders." Select Show hidden files and folders.

Anonymous

Experienced the same issue. Deleted the text/title overlay and the export worked fine. Tried all other troubleshoots with no success. Havent had this issue before updating to the most recent GoPro Studio version. 

Anonymous

Hi,

I have the same problem, i have 14min movie with about 250 video clips and 4 musics.

I have no title, I tried almost everything that has been said before but still doesn't work...

Can anyone help me ? 

Thank you

Sightseer

Hi,

I have the exact same error described here when trying to export to 1080p.

I read through all the answers, I do not have any titles, my movie is less than 8mins, there are now long chunks, I tired exporting (always) with simple name without any additions, tried different locations (Desktop as well, where there are not other files at all!) and eventually I deleted the settings file from AppData folder - NONE OF THAT HELPED and I still can't export to 1080p.

Is there any solution GoPro?

Regards,

Michal

Sightseer

Hi all,

Mine also got this error when I tried to save it as HD 1080p. I tried to save it in a smaller size HD 720p and it worked.