Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Error! Frame Scale = 0

I cannot view any of my media files using the Quik app.

I hadn't used the app in a while. Updated from v2.3 to v2.7 on my Mac today as I'm trying to view some new recordings on my camera. My photos and videos library is too large, so I have them kept on an external drive. I can play the videos just fine if I navigate to them from Finder using the Quicktime player. In the Quik app, I can see the thumbnails for all the videos, but if I click on any of them I get a pop-up that says "Error! Frame Scale = 0". Same error occurs for everything in MEDIA or in EDITS, the stuff here was all made using older versions of this same software.

Anyone else has had this issue and knows how to solve it?

Error.png

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Error! Frame Scale = 0

Hi @joses681

If the file folder/s are on the external drive, try transferring them to your computer's internal storage.

If it's still the same, please see if restarting the application will help.

Open Quik for desktop.
While on the login screen, select the “Help” tab above the Quik for desktop window
Select “Restart with default settings”.
A modal will appear saying “Are you sure?“. Click “Restart” once more.
Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @joses681

If the file folder/s are on the external drive, try transferring them to your computer's internal storage.

If it's still the same, please see if restarting the application will help.

Open Quik for desktop.
While on the login screen, select the “Help” tab above the Quik for desktop window
Select “Restart with default settings”.
A modal will appear saying “Are you sure?“. Click “Restart” once more.
Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

Go to your import location and change the extension of .LRV videos to .MP4. Now open GoPro quick, go to settings/General/MEDIA FOLDER, and then click on SCAN and then go and check your files to play. I hope it works. Nex time don't import your files via sd card adaptor, directly plug in your GoPro to your laptop to import files.