Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Reply
Tourist
Posts: 9

Downloading timelapse footage.

[ New ]

Hi,

I have some timelapse footage that I want to download from my Quik app on my Mac pro to my desktop to do further editing and the only options are to load to Facebook or Youtube.

Can this be done?

Thanks in advance.

Neil.

GoPro
Posts: 31,976

Re: Downloading timelapse footage.

[ New ]

Hi @neils7813

 

What camera are you using?

Have you tried accessing the files via Finder/Image Capture?

 

Thanks!

Ej

 

Tourist
Posts: 9

Re: Downloading timelapse footage.

[ New ]

@aragon1006 wrote:

Hi @neils7813

 

What camera are you using?

Have you tried accessing the files via Finder/Image Capture?

 

Thanks!

Ej

 


Hi Ej,

I'm using a Hero Black 7.

I import to Gopro Quik on a Mac pro but I need to put the timelapse footage as a movie to the desktop to edit in FCP (Final Cut Pro)

The only option I can find it to Facebook or Youtube.

I used to use Quick time pro years ago but that is no longer available for the operating system I'm using without renewing the computer.

Neil.

GoPro
Posts: 31,976

Re: Downloading timelapse footage.

[ New ]

Hi @neils7813

 

Do you already have the files saved on your computer/opened in Quik for desktop?

Did you click the share button?

Right above the Facebook and YouTube option, you should see the file name.

Click on the file name to open the file location.

From there, try opening it using the editing app.

 

Let us know how it goes.


Thanks!

Ej

Tourist
Posts: 9

Re: Downloading timelapse footage.

[ New ]

@aragon1006 wrote:

Hi @neils7813

 

Do you already have the files saved on your computer/opened in Quik for desktop?

Did you click the share button?

Right above the Facebook and YouTube option, you should see the file name.

Click on the file name to open the file location.

From there, try opening it using the editing app.

 

Let us know how it goes.


Thanks!

Ej


 

Hi Ej,

If I open the file above the Facebook and Youtube it just gives me all the still frames taken in timelapse mode.

What I was hoping was once the file opens in Gopro Quik I'd be able to download the joined up photos as a movie.

I used to use Quicktime pro to do this but its not available any more and my key for QT pro dows not work anymore.

There must be a way to join these timelapse photos to make a movie some how.

I might try the FCP forums to see if there is an app to do this.

Thanks,

Neil.

Backpacker
Posts: 8,764

Re: Downloading timelapse footage.

[ New ]

1:  Uninstall "Quik" for desktop.  It is old outdated unsupported discontinued software that shouldn't be used by anyone.

2:  Simply copy your files directly into FCP and set your duration for each file to .25 seconds or less to create a timelapse

Tourist
Posts: 9

Re: Downloading timelapse footage.

[ New ]

@demonviewllc wrote:

1:  Uninstall "Quik" for desktop.  It is old outdated unsupported discontinued software that shouldn't be used by anyone.

2:  Simply copy your files directly into FCP and set your duration for each file to .25 seconds or less to create a timelapse


 

Thanks,

Yes got it to work after a while.

I think there must be a better way than the one I tried but I'll try other ways now I know FCP will do it, a bit of trial and error.

Neil.