Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Downloaded videos to Quik. Next day they were gone!

I downloaded videos to Quik on Saturday.  This morning they are all gone and were deleted off of the SD cards.  I was able to view them in Quik after downloading but I can't, for the life of me, figure out what happened to them now.  Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Sightseer

Re: Downloaded videos to Quik. Next day they were gone!

Thanks all.  It was a dumb mistake on my part.  I found them but because the date had been reset back to 2015, I never bothered to check those videos.  Learned a good lesson tho...always make sure the date is correct on the camera before starting a video.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hello @mimzrudolph

Are you still able to view the files in Quik? 

It could be that the "Automatically delete files from SD card after importing." option was checked. Try this. Do a sample recording. Just one will do. Then connect your camera to your computer (or insert SD card trough an SD card adapter) until Quik recognizes it and prompts you to import files. On the launch screen, you will see a gear icon (settings icon) right above the camera name. Click on the icon and verify if the option is checked. If it is, you can un-check it so you will have the option to keep the files in the SD card even after importing to Quik. 

Let us know how it works out. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Sightseer

Thanks Maria.  But the issue is that they are no longer in Quik and are not in my recycle bin.  In fact, I did a search of my hard drive and they are nowhere to be found.  However after I downloaded them, I could view them.

GoPro

Hello @mimzrudolph

If you have been able to view them,they should have been saved on your computer. Try to search again through this article: https://gopro.com/help/articles/question_answer/Where-are-my-Quik-for-desktop-Media-Files-Stored

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Sightseer

Thanks all.  It was a dumb mistake on my part.  I found them but because the date had been reset back to 2015, I never bothered to check those videos.  Learned a good lesson tho...always make sure the date is correct on the camera before starting a video.

GoPro

Thank you for posting back and confirming resolution, @mimzrudolph!

Stay stoked and enjoy using your GoPro!

Best, 

Marius