Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Download without Microsoft Store

[ New ]

I try to download the software for GoPro Max but the Microsoft system is all f****ed up.
Is there any other way to download the "app"/program. I don't want to use Microsoft Store! 

GoPro

Re: Download without Microsoft Store

[ New ]

Hello, @activetree73768. What seems to be the issue with the download process? Are you getting any error message? The GoPro Player for Windows can only be downloaded from the Microsoft Store. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Same issue.
No error message. It just doesn't work.

When I try to redo it says "you own this software", "Install/open", "Install on my devices"...
Nothing works!!!

Giving up on this.

Will return my GoPro and get an Insta360 instead. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm having the same problem with microsoft store. I'm trying to install the Max Exporter, The Gopro Player works fine.

It won't install because it thinks my PC doesn't meet the minimum spec but I'm well over the minimum and my video card a (1070 ti) is listed as one that supports the software. I only bought the max so I can edit in premiere to output to my Rift S. Why can't you just have the software on the GoPro website?

spec.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

Solved... Had no choice but to reinstall windows 10. This is the second time I've had to do this just because of the store not working. Everything on my PC was working fine but I needed the software so had to. Just wish Gopro had the software on their own site.

Tourist

[ New ]

what a terrible idea!

why would a great product be tied to such a rubbish system!

Sightseer

[ New ]

I got the same problem without being able to download the gopro player from MS store. 

It is so stupid idea to go through the MS store without provoding a direct downloading.

Sightseer

[ New ]

This...really isn't a good idea to only allow access through the Microsoft store.

So many systems have trouble with the Microsoft Store (and in corporate environments such as ours it can be locked off entirely), it's slow and at the end of the day it has a terrible reputation. Ask all of those companies who dove into "Games for Windows Live" how stable and reliable MS backends are.

Including a simple installer on your website seems a very sensible back-up plan for those who due to policy or issues can not access the MS store.