Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Difference of telemetry data in GoPro App vs Quik Desktop

Hi all.

I have seeb some odd behaviour, have a clip with GPS data where the track and speed are accurate in my GoPro App and show correctly when exporting from iPhone to Photos app BUT

When importing the clip directly from the camera to the Quik Desptop it shows very different and inaccurate data.

Anyone else witnessed this discrepency between iOS app and Desktop? And how to solve this, as I would prefer to edit on the desktop.

Happy to share the source footage...

Cheers,
Rene

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Difference of telemetry data in GoPro App vs Quik Desktop

Hi @rmg1

There is currently an issue between GPS information and Quik for desktop.

You may use a third party application like Dashware or stick with the mobile app.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Dash ware is not Mac native so that’s no solution.
Had and will expect that GoPro as a company will fix this as many filmmakers operate in a Mac environement.
Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the feedback, @rmg1. We have passed this information along to the team in charge. Hub members may have ideas to share to help with the GPS issue. There is a group discussion from them that you might want to explore. The thread is at https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Metadata-Visualization/Extracting-the-metadata-in-a-useful-form... .