Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

Desktop app horizon leveling for hero8

Does the windows desktop app offer the possibility to do the horizon levelling like in the app?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Desktop app horizon leveling for hero8

Hi @silkem552,

Quik for desktop doesn't have that feature. 

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello @jayr3438,

I want you to be able to do Horizon Leveling with a desktop app.

Since I want to use it for editing with another software, the output format is best if it can be done with Cineform.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Da bin ich jetzt aber doch leicht schockiert!

Die Funktion war für mich ein Kaufgrund, und das geht jetzt nur mit dem iPad?

Highlighted
Sightseer

Anything new about this?

It has been almost a year now, and both the GoPro Hero8 and Max both has sensordate in the video so leveling is possible.

But as I can see, it is only supported by mobiles or tablets, which is absolutely rubbish and not useful at all...

When will we see an app for normal desktop computers, so able to do the horizon leveling from these cams?

Transferring from the camera/memory card to a mobile phone first, in big chunks of 4 Gb files, occupying the phone (besides often NOT having that much memory left) while leveling the video, and then having to transfer to your desctop once again, is a dead end, and useless...

I have a GoPro 6 and 7, and was about to buy the Hero8 now because of this very leveling feature (and thinking about the Max also), but because I can not level the video on a desktop it is a big no no, sorry so say.

Please make something for desktops, so we can use this otherwise EXCELLENT feature :-)