Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Desktop Utility for webcam not working

[ New ]

I can't get the desktop utility (on a Mac Pro) to do anything... not even quit. It wont access the camera (HERO9), even though the camera states 'USB Connected'. I have tried re-installing and re-booting with no joy. I can access the camera on a macbook but it is unstable and freezes and crashes the computer. I have a HERO8 that I use with the laptop with no problems... Using the HERO9 as a webcam is one of the main reasons I bought the thing. Anyone have any answers as it is clear that GoPro have non...

Sightseer

Re: Desktop Utility for webcam not working

[ New ]

I have same exact problem, trying to use my hero 8 as a webcam, have installed the Gopro Webcam Utility V.1.0.224 on my High Sierra Mac. The result is app does nothing except showing an icon on the top right corner, cannot even make it quit. Seem this software was released without being fully tested and debug...

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @justinm472 @justinm472

Kindly check the camera's USB connection settings. Make sure it is on GoPro Connect.

You may also refer to GoPro Webcam FAQ and Troubleshooting

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi EJ, 

The camera is in GoPro connect mode. The issue appears to be with the app as it does nothing, it won't even quit. I have to open up the activity monitor to force quit. There appears to be a lot of comments regarding this so it must be a known issue...

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @justinm472

We'll have this checked with the team.

Would you mind testing the HERO9 Black without the battery? See if this will be detected by the app.

Thanks!

Ej