Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

DashWare support

[ New ]

I have been using DashWare for a while - truly excellent software and have recently bought a Hero 7 Black?

After some research I have discovered that DashWare can read the telemetry data in Hero 7 videos, but 

while this works on my office PC (Windows 10) it displays blank videos on my home PC (also Windows 10)

and does not extract the telemetry data automatically - but when the video file is specified as the data source

the telemetry data IS displayed - but still with no video display.

I am using DashWare 1.9.1 and it is such a good product, are you going to support it? The gauges in Quik

are pretty limited (I use the gauges for aviation, and diving - not snowboarding or cycling!)

At least if I could see some diagnostic/log files it might help me to work out what the issue might be??

The GoPro hardware is excellent, particularly the Hero 7 but sadly let down by the software...

Chris in the UK

GoPro

Re: DashWare support

[ New ]

Hi @thorfinn

You may want to try RaceRender for the HERO7 files instead.

Thanks!
Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Thank you for the information about RaceRender - but I fly not race...I am looking to display gauges showing Altitude and airspeed?

Looks like the Quik for Desktop is flaky too - videos that play perfectly with other video players (VLC for instance) keep freezing in

Quik :(

Chris

GoPro

[ New ]

@thorfinn, sorry to hear about the trouble. There are some information here that might help: How to Correct Choppy or Broken Up PlaybackHEVC Explained