Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: DashWare fails to create video - "Error rendering in MediaFoundationMedia Foundation Error.

I know I'm late here but just in case anyone having this issue comes across this thread (like me), I have found that only .mp4 files work.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: DashWare fails to create video - "Error rendering in MediaFoundationMedia Foundation Error.

after a long an winding chat with a GOPRO rep, it turns out the problem (at least for me) is that the minimum sysstem requirements on a windows platfor is Windows 10 64bit (same as Quick app) without that, it won't work>
:-(
Highlighted
Tourist

I had a similar conversation with a Dashware/GoPro support staff guy.  I was told about the Windows 10 64bit fix as well.  Has anyone who was having issues before confirmed that this works?

I can get 1080-30p and 1080-60p to work great.  It's the 4K where it stumples and spits out the error.

Highlighted
Tourist

@toolo4sno wrote:

I had a similar conversation with a Dashware/GoPro support staff guy.  I was told about the Windows 10 64bit fix as well.  Has anyone who was having issues before confirmed that this works?

I can get 1080-30p and 1080-60p to work great.  It's the 4K where it stumples and spits out the error.

I have had some success testing Dashware with 4K video using a Windows 10 PC.  The problem now is the output file's bitrate is very very low and the resulting video file is highly compressed and pixelated.  It's so badly compressed that it makes no sense to use 4K.

There is a work around involving a rendered green background that you overlay the gauges on in Dashware.  Then you import your "green screen" with gauges into your NLE and chroma key the green out with your desired video underneath.  It is very far from optimal and adds a lot of unneccesary steps, but does produce the results you are looking for.

Really, Dashware needs some updates, but I am not sure GoPro is supporting this great product like they should be.  Maybe there is a better work around that I am missing or a setting I didn't see, but I don't think so.