Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

DashWare fails to create video - "Error rendering in MediaFoundationMedia Foundation Error..."

I import the video and data file from racechrono. Add gauges, synch the video to data. Choose the start and end points for the clip. Try to create the video, but immediately I get this error in a small window.

Error rendering in MediaFoundationMedia Foundation Error + -1072875852

Another small window with dashware logo in the title says that the video rendering is complete. Well, its not.

Cant get by this. Have even tried to downgrade the video to 1080p resolution. To no avail...

Using latest Dashware on a windows 7 ultimate box.

Cant set label to Dashware, even though Dashware site refers gopro for support...

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: DashWare fails to create video - "Error rendering in MediaFoundationMedia Foundation Error..."

@samit3 - I saw you hadn't gotten a response. If you're still having this issue, please reach out to one of our Support agents directly at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus and we'll try to get this worked out with you.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: DashWare fails to create video - "Error rendering in MediaFoundationMedia Foundation Error.

Still the same error. And last time I tried that "chat help" of yours, I ended up giving up after 45mins of waiting. Have to get some popcorn and a movie ready for the next try...

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: DashWare fails to create video - "Error rendering in MediaFoundationMedia Foundation Error.

[ Edited ]

I have this same problem. I thought perhaps resampling the original to lower resolution might get past some undocumented limitation, but that doesn't make any difference. The error message shows up without even a second's delay after clicking "create movie" (with the helpful message about how I should tag my new video masterpiece so that people can find it on social media, behind it).

Dashware_Render_NOT.jpg 

GoPro chat is "All busy, go away for an unspecified period and maybe we won't be.". At least they're honest.

Highlighted
Tourist

I had a chat with Katha at GoPro support last Thursday. She didn't have a cure for this problem but she opened case #03857629 for further investigation.
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Forum user 'fdnyfish' has a likely workaround if you're seeing this error. He posted a tutorial on the workaround to YouTube four months ago. See the post above mine, here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/DashWare/m-p/55321/highlight/true#M7392

Samit, if you haven't already tried fdnyfish's workaround, you should do that.

Highlighted
Tourist

snowyshore04038: There is no such file in DashWare folder? Cant delete (or rename) it.There IS audio in the video, I can hear it when watching it with video player. I also can here the audio when watching it with DashWare. I also can see the gauges with DashWare, but I CAN NOT CREATE A VIDEO with DashWare. Same error, same behaviour.

Highlighted
Tourist

Oh **bleep**, I thought that would probably work. Unfortunately, it seems like we're pretty much on our own with Dashware, at this point.