Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

Connecting multiple cameras to a single monitor

Hi

Thanks in advance for any help. I have been searching all over the web and can’t find anything so would really appreciate any help. I have three Hero 5 Sessions and the plan is we are going to start doing filmed rehearsals at my recording studio for bands. So the idea is I would like to set up all three cameras for the band while they are rehearsing and then be able to monitor all three at the same time in the control room.
Does anyone know of a way that I can connect and link all three go pros to one monitor at the same time and have them play back a live preview of what is being filmed?

Thanks
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Connecting multiple cameras to a single monitor

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @loyalriver04765

The HERO5 Session cameras can only project live preview by pairing them to a mobile device through the GoPro App. Once paired, you will be able to see what the camera is seeing through your mobile device. Now, if there is way to project the live preview from the mobile device to another monitor, that would be best. We do not have any recommendation as there is nothing native to the GoPro camera that supports such a feature. Other users maybe able to share ideas though. Let us continue to watch out for their reply. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Sightseer

Is it possible to see multiple cameras on the same screen in the go pro capture app?  For example, if I have three go pro cameras connected in the app, is there a multiview screen where I can see what each of the 3 cameras is seeing/recording at the same time or do I have to switch between each camera angle separately?  If this doesn't exist then it is certainly a feature that would be great to have for FOV adjustments while recording on the fly without having to manually switch which camera angle you want to look at each time.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @adimac54

Simultaneous viewing of feeds from multiple cameras on a single mobile device with the GoPro App is not supported. You can only connect one camera with a mobile device at a time. So this means that you will have to re-pair the camera to the mobile device via GoPro app (not Capture) if you would like to view what it is recording or seeing. Just the same, we are submitting your feedback as a suggestion to the team for future improvement. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Sightseer

Ok great on submitting for future improvement.  Seems like a no-brainer feature to add that would be a very saleable feature as well.

Highlighted
Tourist

+1 on adding this capability. Having to disconnect and reconnect to each camera's wifi is a MASSIVE pain when doing multi-camera shoots. I know the smart remote can connect to and signal multiple cameras at the same time, so maybe there's a way to use the same mechanism for this feature in the mobile app.

Another thing that would be useful for the app or smart remote is to be able to see the status (recording or not, battery level) of each camera on the screen by somehow scrolling through each camera that is connected. I do many shoots with up to 10 GoPros at a time and connect each one to an external battery pack so it can film for long durations. It's a nightmare when one (or more) of them doesn't start recording or when the battery runs out because of a loose cable between the camera and the external battery pack. It would be a godsend to have some way to monitor this without having to walk around to each camera (usually mounted somewhere that's difficult to access) and check either by using the app of by actually looking at the camera screen.

Because this has been such an issue, I've begun looking for another camera brand that has better multi-camera control tools and will likely switch if I can find something that does what I need.

Please help.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Yes, great ideas - GoPro should definitely take notes and deliver!