Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Connect Hero7 Black with GoPro Quik

Hi,

I'm new user with my Hero7 Black and I'm trying to connect GoPro Quik for the first time ever. When I plug my camera into the computer and turn the camera on, the camera screen just says "USB CONNECTED", but there's no selection for "Import Files" as I understand there should be?

Hope you cou

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Connect Hero7 Black with GoPro Quik

@palle80, please run any available OS updates and make sure to have the latest update for your Graphics Card/s drivers installed. Use the GoPro USB-C cable that came with the camera. There are some troubleshooting steps here that will help: 

Alternatively, you may use an SD card reader/adapter to connect the microSD card to your computer. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Connect Hero7 Black with GoPro Quik

Thanks @aenriquez!

Everything is checked and up-to-date, but nothing seems to work expect using SD card directly to my laptop. It would be just so much easier with the USB-C and charging the battery at the same time.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Betreff: Connect Hero7 Black with GoPro Quik

Hello,

all these advices didn't help me to connect my GoPro 7 Black directly with the computer. So I tried a litlle bit... I've determined that the connection doesn't work with the standard cable. It only charges the battery. There are two options to connect it.

1. GoPro --> Original cable --> USB hub (for example from Anker) --> PC

2. GoPro --> another USB-A to USB-C cable (USB 3.0) --> PC

Now I can access my files with the explorer. One issue remains: Quik app doesn't recognize the connection. But for me it doesn't matter. For me it's necessary to use the explorer an not this unusable app. And I don't want to connect the SD card cause plugged in the camera I can connect to file access and I can charge the battery at the same time with one cable.

So GoPro, maybe get this app working correctly..!