Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Code 30 go pro studio error

Trying to export a video and every time at 79 percent I get a code 30 error and the program shuts down. I have removed several clips around that time as previous users have suggested but I continue to get the error. Programs are up to date as well.
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Code 30 go pro studio error

@mrscostacoast, sorry to hear about the trouble. Since there can be various causes for this error, there are different troubleshooting steps that may help resolve the problem.

1. Please run any available OS updates and make sure to have the latest update for your Graphics Card/s drivers installed.
  2. Make sure that there are no non-English characters in the export path or filename.
  3. Change the export format to .MOV.
  4. Change the export directory.
  5. Try putting the project file in the same directory as the source files (and ensure that they are all on a local drive).
  6. It is possible that there is a faulty video file on the Storyboard. If this is the issue, removing clips from the Storyboard and trying the Export again may isolate which clip is causing the problem. 
  7. If exporting to an external drive, try exporting to an internal drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Highlighted
Tourist

So I found the error was the song, I removed it and tried another but it still threw the error in the same area. I tried with no song at all in that spot and it downloaded. Will it only allow 2 songs or a certain amount of audio?
Highlighted
GoPro

@mrscostacoast, have you tried selecting a different song? I just tried adding three (3) different songs on my video edit, and the total length of the video project is 9 mins.

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes tried a completely different song and still nothing... total of my video is 8:45