Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Cloud upload and download slow

I purchased the GoPro 7 Black and decided to get the plus account so I could save and edit anywhere later. When I first got it without plus and used (primarily) my phone, all was great. Now that I'm waiting to connect the camera to my laptop computer / Import directly / Wait (DAYS) for this thing to upload (even with a direct cat6 cable) to the cloud. Go to my main system to edit the files and wait more days for each file I want to work with to download. Why is this server so freaking SLOW? Then when it is finally done the app freezes.

This is so frustrating I am really close to dumping the plus cloud account and dedicating a separate Hard Drive to this camera. So far GoPro Plus - not worth the aggravation! 

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Cloud upload and download slow

I second this, I experience extremely slow uploads and downloads. Possible CDN locations, I'm in Australia. It does make it virtually unusable, I have to leave it overnight and come back the next day. This is frustrating when you want to make an edit on your mobile with older footage saved to a NAS or PC, upload to cloud and then download on the mobile, seems easy enough but the transfer speed makes it too hard, unfortunately. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @berrybrew nmd351

It can take quite a while to upload through Quik for Desktop, especially if you are uploading a large number of files to the cloud. For example, the initial sync with the cloud or a large upload could take hours, depending on how much content is being moved. After the first sync, we recommend importing consistently to Quik for Desktop to lessen the wait time. 

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Hi @aragon1006 

Thanks for replying, I was more meaning in comparison to other cloud-based products. Uploading to Adobe is significantly faster. 

However, not even an hour since posting this, uploading to GoPro cloud was suddenly much faster, in-fact, now similar to others so I'd say it must have been a CDN issue or something.

Either way, it's much better now.