Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Choppy Playback in Quik (Hero 7 on iMac 5k 27")

[ New ]

Hi all,

First off, I've searched around via google and gopro's website (terrible search feature for trying to look through old topics by the way) but haven't had any luck getting a concrete answer on this. Here is my issue.

When uploading videos into Quik and trying to play back to edit, video playback is very choppy. I am playing back 4k 60fps as that is why I bought the camera, so settling for 1080p won't work. I do have an external hard drive hooked up via USB, but even if I tell Quik to read the files from the desktop, it is still somewhat laggy. VLC plays back video perfectly fine either way, so I don't understand what the issue is with Quik.

Can someone give me an answer of what I can do to fix this? I like Quik due to the ease of use in editing and the ability to grab screenshots quickly, but I can't deal with the choppines. 

For what it's worth, my set up should be more than suitable for handling these kinds of tasks.

• 5k 27" iMac (late 2015)
  • 3.2 GHz i5
  • 32 GB RAM
  • AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB

Thank you!

GoPro

Re: Choppy Playback in Quik (Hero 7 on iMac 5k 27")

[ New ]

Hi @traeger2591

Here are some articles you can check:

How to Correct Choppy or Broken Up Playback

HEVC Explained

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej