Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Change FPS on short Time Lapses or burst sequences and combine photos from multiple time lapses

[ New ]

Hey all,

Basically when I'm in Time Lapse photo mode and shoot like only a few photos maybe <30 or something. Whenever, I try to turn it into a time lapse video in Quik, the frames play at like 5fps or something. Is it possible to turn these into time lapse videos at the normal 30fps or something like that or even get the ability to choose the fps? I've used tlassemble as a command line tool to do it, but for some reason the videos it makes are like 10x larger than the Quik exported one with similar visual quality.

Also, if I accidentally turn the time lapse off and on again, is there any way I can combine these two photo groups into a single time lapse video? I can do it myself by combining the two videos with like ffmpeg after exporting them with Quik I guess, but a lot of times one of the time lapse photo groups will extract to a slower fps because it has less photos (problem above).

Best,

James

Explorer

Re: Change FPS on short Time Lapses or burst sequences and combine photos from multiple time lapses

[ New ]
I'd try using a proper non-linear video editor. I'm more familiar with Adobe Premiere Pro, which can do what your asking, but you should be able to do it in DaVinci Resolve pretty easy (free professional editor).