Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous

Cant find GoPro studio

[ New ]

When I go to product support and click on Studio it takes me to Quick every time. I do not want quick I need a more detailed editor and quick doesn't give me what I need. 

How can I find the down load for Studio that will load on a Win 10 Surface Pro 4?

Thanks

Jeff

Anonymous

Re: Cant find GoPro studio

[ New ]
Hi Jeff,

I'm having the same issue. I would like to install Gopro Studio but every time I download quik (Studio was supposed to come along with it) and start the installation only quik installs but never studio.

Don't know what to do either...
Anonymous

[ New ]

GoPro customer support will just direct you to 3rd party software if you don't want Quik.  I was trying to find a download for Studio as well since I'm on Win7/64b - support emailed me the following URL to download 3rd party editing software.

http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor/download

Anonymous

[ New ]
I don't want to install any third party software as Gopro Studio seems to fit just right for my editing purpose.
However, when downloading the installer for quik from the Gopro website, quik installs just fine but there is basically no word about Gopro Studio. I wonder if they actually quit offering Gopro Studio... would be sad though
Anonymous

[ New ]

Where can I download the latest version of Gopro Studio?

Qick does not have all the features of Gopro Studio. For example Fisheye correction

Anonymous

[ New ]

Looking for GoPro Studio as well. Just got my first GoPro and, as soon as I opened Quik the tutorial said I could jump to Studio for advanced editing. But it is nowhere to be found.

There is also no mention in GoPro website that Studio was ended, so hope is still up.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Has anyone had any luck trying to contact GoPro directly? I was on hold the other day for 20 minutes before I had to run to a meeting. 

Their chat set up seems to be a hoax and always says it s busy and cant access the service. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

According to GoPro support (via chat) GoPro Studio has been discontinued and is no longer supported.  I believe the last install to include GoProStudio was Quik 2.1 installer.

Anonymous

[ New ]

i have the same issue, i love gopro studio but i cannot find it

Hiker

[ New ]

From what I understand Studio is no longer a stand alone app. Its bundle in with the Quik desktop application. I would try unstalling quik and reinsatiing, since version 2.4 is now out. I removed all the old Studio files using Revo uninstalling in hunter mode.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I have Quik 2.4.0.169 installed and Studio is not bundled in it.

In another thread, someone called GoPro support and was told that Studio is no longer provided nor supported.

I found an old version and will try working with that instead.

Hiker

[ New ]

Odd. I dont have 2.4 yet, but I just downloaded 2.3 again the other day(Tuesday) and it was included.     sigh

Anonymous

[ New ]
I downloaded it Wednesday.
Crap, I missed it by a day.
Anonymous

[ New ]

Correction, Studio was (is) included in 2.2. Can be found here.

[Edit: Removed external link]

Also the only working Quik version for me, 2.3 2.4 does not load,

Anonymous

[ New ]

Where did you download 2.3?

I need the mac version please. Not very happy w/ Quik Smiley Indifferent

Anonymous

[ New ]
Hi If you want a solid free video editor software, check out Davinci resolve. There is a free version available which I found more then enough and way better then gopro studio www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/ Go for version 14. (Full version cost $299...) /Regards.
Anonymous

[ New ]

Hello ! I had exactly the same problem and it looks like they've pulled Studio out of the Quik package completely. I ended up downloading GoProStudioPC version 2.5.9.2658 from a dowload site (one of the last versions) and it has the Quik frontend but still has the Studio software built-in - accessible by exporting clips to Studio editor from the File menu. Just Google GoProStudio and you should be able to find it. Hope this helps...

Tourist

[ New ]

Bless you, I needed to uninstall and reinstall it after Windows 10 broke it, and couldn't find it but googling the version you quoted found a third party site which - unlike GoPro - doesn't hate existing GoPro customers. The website is just a huge confusing overwhelming new-customer trap now, they don't care about existing customers whatsoever do they :( 

Happily double clicking a .gsc file opens Studio directly so THANK YOU!

I left this feedback, took ages to get it down to 500chars being so angry...

"Seeking GoPro Studio as I had to reinstall it, I've been with you almost from day one - three gopros ago - and you made me a Studio user so forget VSDC. Been a software dev 29 years so it's not that I can't learn it.
Downloaded Fusion - useless unless you're 360? Owned two Hero4 Blacks, wtf is a Fusion?
Tried Quik - designed for children, Studio missing from v2.2?
You're alienating those who made you. When the KeyMission360 does 60m I'm gone.
Shocking website".

Tourist

[ New ]

Trying VSDC cos I don't want to depend on GoPro ever again and creating a new project from a video only lets you pick ONE video, eventually I worked out that you need to click the tiny filmstrip icon at the bottom of a vertical ribbon of icons to add more.

Pretty excited about the stabilisation button though, especially after the disappointment of AVS which watermarks everything. I'd never ever upgrade that on principle but if VSDC gives us a good free product I'll happily shower them with money to upgrade, cos when you offer someone something useful to them, without hamstringing them, you get this thing I like to call CUSTOMER LOYALTY... lol sorry I'm just still so bitter that GoPro sh1t on us. I'd have BOUGHT Studio if it was an option, why make it unavailable to loyal customers who need to reinstall it :(

Anonymous

[ New ]

Why can't I find GoPro studio? I need it for advanced editing. not happy. 

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

We stopped offering GoPro Studio a few months ago. Quik for Desktop is our editor now. If you are looking for an editor similar to Studio, try VSDC on PC or iMovie on Mac.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I don't know why you made this decision but I guess it's not very smart to take something away your customers want without providing a proper substitute. Quik is so limited in it's functionalities when it comes to editing videos. Hope you are rethinking your decision. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

VERY very much agree with this ^ Please consider making an application similar to studio. Dissapointed in GoPro. 

Tourist

[ New ]
I have to agree with this guy.....SHAME ON YOU GOPRO. We need a editor that is a real editor. I have a 36 to 64GB card FULL OF GOPRO footage I cant really use unless I go elsewhere. You had a perfectly fine program, STUDIO, bring it back so we can make stuff!
Tourist

[ New ]
Mr Manager. I call BS on GoPro. How can you even call Quik and editor? Its JUNK.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Davinci looks great but is limited to 60fps. How do you downscale your higher framerate vids?

Anonymous

[ New ]
Hi. Sorry mate. I only use 60fps when recording.That is good enough for me, seldom produce slowmotion vids. Here is a link over some free packages, but have only tried number 3 on list. I was searching for good color correction software and got hooked. http://www.techradar.com/news/software/applications/the-best-free-video-editor-1330136 Good luck!
Anonymous

[ New ]

Am disgusted to find that studio is not offered anymore. Seriously.. This is pathetic what poor service.

Tourist

[ New ]

This is bad. I convince a few guys for recording baseball games to get the gopro specifically because of how I was able to zoom in on the plays in studio. I was shocked when I tried to help them to find that the quick is garbage for editing clips. You can't zoom in can't slow it down. Word of mouth is what made me buy my camera. You guys are killing yourself. You had great software and took it away.

Explorer

[ New ]
With so many free alternatives that work better, and are more stable, than Studio, why wouldn't you use them instead?
Explorer

[ New ]
Tourist

[ New ]

Hmm not so sure how much better they are. I tried using VSDC but it is not as user friendly as Studios. In Studios if you want to look at a play at first base. Get the video, slide to the area you want, snip it. Next step zoom in to the part of the field you want to see, export to the type of video you want, done. Someone hit a home run, parent wants it, save only that hit email it to them done. Kid not swinging well slow the video down and talk about every phase of the swing. You had some other apps on there I will give a few more a try. Thank you for the links to the other videos. If I can find user friendly one I pass it along.

Tourist

[ New ]

Quick is junk! I bought Silver 4 with Studio in my mind. There was no CD/DVD with it. You changed a part from a product I bought. Sad.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @eduardv676

Apologies for the inconvenience. The HERO4 Silver package does not come with the GoPro Studio. The Studio was an application that was included when you download Quik for desktop prior to the Studio being discontinued.  If you’re looking for a non-linear editor to make your own custom edits with, you can use iMovie on Mac or VSDC on Windows-(http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor/download).

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

I also bought the GoPro HERO to be a **bleep**ing HERO, Not to impress random people I really don't like on FB

So **bleep** you very much GOnotsoPRO I hope Cyclops Gear rapes your company

Tourist

[ New ]

I would upgrade to the new gopro 7 if they had studios still working. No other software is as simple to use as studio was.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @grayriver72664,

GoPro Studio is no longer available but there are a lot of alternatives such as Quik for Desktop and Mobile.

You may also check VSDC or Filmora. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Gopro studio is discontinued but here is a download link if you still want it.