Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Cant find GoPro studio

Hello ! I had exactly the same problem and it looks like they've pulled Studio out of the Quik package completely. I ended up downloading GoProStudioPC version 2.5.9.2658 from a dowload site (one of the last versions) and it has the Quik frontend but still has the Studio software built-in - accessible by exporting clips to Studio editor from the File menu. Just Google GoProStudio and you should be able to find it. Hope this helps...

Highlighted
Tourist

Bless you, I needed to uninstall and reinstall it after Windows 10 broke it, and couldn't find it but googling the version you quoted found a third party site which - unlike GoPro - doesn't hate existing GoPro customers. The website is just a huge confusing overwhelming new-customer trap now, they don't care about existing customers whatsoever do they :( 

Happily double clicking a .gsc file opens Studio directly so THANK YOU!

I left this feedback, took ages to get it down to 500chars being so angry...

"Seeking GoPro Studio as I had to reinstall it, I've been with you almost from day one - three gopros ago - and you made me a Studio user so forget VSDC. Been a software dev 29 years so it's not that I can't learn it.
Downloaded Fusion - useless unless you're 360? Owned two Hero4 Blacks, wtf is a Fusion?
Tried Quik - designed for children, Studio missing from v2.2?
You're alienating those who made you. When the KeyMission360 does 60m I'm gone.
Shocking website".

Highlighted
Tourist

Trying VSDC cos I don't want to depend on GoPro ever again and creating a new project from a video only lets you pick ONE video, eventually I worked out that you need to click the tiny filmstrip icon at the bottom of a vertical ribbon of icons to add more.

Pretty excited about the stabilisation button though, especially after the disappointment of AVS which watermarks everything. I'd never ever upgrade that on principle but if VSDC gives us a good free product I'll happily shower them with money to upgrade, cos when you offer someone something useful to them, without hamstringing them, you get this thing I like to call CUSTOMER LOYALTY... lol sorry I'm just still so bitter that GoPro sh1t on us. I'd have BOUGHT Studio if it was an option, why make it unavailable to loyal customers who need to reinstall it :(

Highlighted
Sightseer

Why can't I find GoPro studio? I need it for advanced editing. not happy. 

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

We stopped offering GoPro Studio a few months ago. Quik for Desktop is our editor now. If you are looking for an editor similar to Studio, try VSDC on PC or iMovie on Mac.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I don't know why you made this decision but I guess it's not very smart to take something away your customers want without providing a proper substitute. Quik is so limited in it's functionalities when it comes to editing videos. Hope you are rethinking your decision. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

VERY very much agree with this ^ Please consider making an application similar to studio. Dissapointed in GoPro. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I have to agree with this guy.....SHAME ON YOU GOPRO. We need a editor that is a real editor. I have a 36 to 64GB card FULL OF GOPRO footage I cant really use unless I go elsewhere. You had a perfectly fine program, STUDIO, bring it back so we can make stuff!