Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Cannot install GoPro, error 80070643

I have tried running GoPro Installer 1.3.0.2371 and during the 'Configuring pakage vcredist 2008 x86 sp1' step I am getting a crash with error 80070643. I have plenty of space on my HD and everything on my computer is up to date. Help please!

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Cannot install GoPro, error 80070643

Windows error 80070643 can happen for several reasons. The most common cause is a problem with the .NET Framework installed on the computer.

I suggest you run "Chkdsk" on your computer to see if it can find any Corrupt files, how to do that here in Win 10 :

Then restart your computer and try installing the Gopro app again

(create a Restore point first before running Chkdsk just in case you have any problems, how to do that here :
http://www.techregar.com/how-to-create-system-restore-point-in-windows-10/     )

Let us know how you get on.
Tourist

I tried running the Chkdsk on my computer and it didn't help. If it makes any difference I'm running Windows 7.

Anonymous

I found this about Win 7 error 80070643

BUT before trying any of that (as it is looking a bit involved) first try turning off any Anti Virus, anti malware and security programs etc you have installed/running (they can sometimes silently block your installation) then try the GoPro installer again.

Create a Restore point BEFORE you start (to be safe) how to do that here :

Let us know how you get on
Anonymous

Add to my previous message :

There was someone on here that had a problem with uninstalling GoPro studio (throwing up lots of errors) he found the way to do it was to perform a clean boot then uninstall it.

I think the reason that that this worked is because he had a program running that was "Blocking" his uninstall and doing a clean boot let him uninstall it.

So it may work for you, do a clean boot then try to run the GoPro installer and see if it will let you install it.

This is how to do a clean boot :

NOTE : Create another restore point before you start.

Anonymous

Just one more question, are you running a 32bit or 64 bit version of Windows 7 ?

The new GoPro installer will only work on 64 bit systems

How to check to see if you have a 32bit or a 64bit machine :

Could your problem be as simple as that ?

Check this first and let us know.
Anonymous

These are my PC's Specs, Same error code. Check Disk did nothing. Restore point created. Please help.

error go pro.PNG

Tourist

Hello,

you need this package https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/confirmation.aspx?id=49982

When u cant install this package so do that like the picture and install than the package from the link

probleme-mit-windows-update-beheben.jpg