Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Cannot find my selected folders

Gopro doesn't import the pictures of my selected folders

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Cannot find my selected folders

Oh, that is why you are not able to see your Sony pictures when you use Quik for desktop or on your computer. Although the two applications have the same names - Quik - they are not exactly the same applications. Quik for desktop only recognizes GoPro media (photos, videos) unlike Quik app on mobile. Thank you for posting back, @hilkesophi010 . Apologies for the inconvenience. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hello @hilkesophi010

Thank you for reaching out. How are you importing the folders? Where are the folders sourced from? Which application are you using? Are you getting any error message? Is this the first time that your are importing folders to your computer? Hope to hear back from you with more details so we can further assist. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

What folder however, it's empty, when I import it. Or have I to buy GoPro Desktop?I thought it was freeware.

Thank you for helping me

Ashampoo_Snap_Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2018_17h35m55s_004_GoPro Quik.png
GoPro

You are correct, @hilkesophi010. The Quik for desktop a free application. Have you used this app when you imported your GoPro files? Are you trying to add folders in Quik? Let us know what it is exactly that you are doing so we will have a better understanding of what is going on. Many thanks!

Tourist

Hello Mariustnaya, 

Like you describe it, I use the Quik App in order to add the folders, that I want to use for the video. Only the folder is imported, but not the pictures which it containes. I get an the info, that I attach to this eMail and I don't know why it happens like this - I use the Quik App on my IPhone and there I am very content. 

Thank you for helping me

Ashampoo_Snap_Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2018_19h54m31s_008_.png
GoPro

Sorry, but I am not able to see the picture as I am only getting a link, @hilkesophi010 . I have a question though. The pictures that are in the folder that you are trying to add in Quik, are they GoPro pictures? Please note that any videos/photos coming from 3rd party cameras will not be recognized in Quik for desktop.

You can take a look at this article on Adding Media Folders in Quik for reference. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

Hello Marius, no the pictures and videos in the folder were taken on a Sony camera by myself. 

I have been using the Quik app on my iPhone for a few years and have never had any problems there.
Best Regards 
Hilke Sophie

GoPro

Oh, that is why you are not able to see your Sony pictures when you use Quik for desktop or on your computer. Although the two applications have the same names - Quik - they are not exactly the same applications. Quik for desktop only recognizes GoPro media (photos, videos) unlike Quik app on mobile. Thank you for posting back, @hilkesophi010 . Apologies for the inconvenience.