Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Cannot disable World Lock and Horizon Level in GoPro Player 1.3.1

[ New ]

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open 360 file

2. Create a trim section (!!! important !!!)

3. Exit trim

4. Click horizon controls menu (right bottom)

5. Disable World Lock and/or Horizon Level (or both)

6. Click Reframe

7. Click Back

8. Open horizon controls menu

9. Observe that both World Lock and Horizon Level are ON again

GoPro Player for mac, Version 1.3.1 (604).

iOS app warns user if trim or reframe exists when user disabled World Lock or Horizon Level, desktop does not warn which is totally misleading. Setting World Lock or Horizon Level if there is trim or reframe MUST either adjust reframe or at least produce a message that app can't change these settings due to existing Reframe/Trim.

I've reported a similar issue https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Cannot-turn-off-world-lock-in-Gopro-Player/m-p... and it seemed to be fixed, but now it reproduces again.

Hiker

Re: Cannot disable World Lock and Horizon Level in GoPro Player 1.3.1

[ New ]

So basically the issue would occur if you start to add Reframe points or trim before you disable WL or HL, which is weird to have to remember to first disable them and then start working.

I am actually surprised that WL and HL are not present on Reframe screen... in iOS app they at least are always present and I can enabled/disable them at any time.

Compare what user sees when not in Reframe mode:

Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 1.23.19 PM.png

And when in Reframe mode, the WL/HL control is gone:

Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 1.23.30 PM.png

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the feedback, @dfuse. We observe the same on our end. We will share this with the team to confirm if it is as designed. We will keep you posted. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @mariustanya, just checking if there is any update on this?

The GoPro Player Version 1.3.2 (643) on a Mac is still missing the World Lock and Horizon Level button when we are on reframe mode.

Cheers

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @brunoroque. We just tried on our end and followed the replication steps that you did (as in the original post) but we are not observing the issue. After going Back, and checking on the Horizon Menu, the World Lock and Horizon Level which were previously disabled were still disabled. 

We tried it using a .360 file from MAX on v2.0, GoPro Player v1.3.2(643) on a MacBook Pro running on Big Sur v11.2.3. Do you have the same setup? 

Hiker

Re: Cannot disable World Lock and Horizon Level in GoPro Player 1.3.2

[ New ]

@mariustanya are you sure you've followed the steps exactly as written? I just reproduced the problematic behavior on version 1.3.2.

Key point is to open a file, enter reframe and add a point (or trim and add a trim), then exit reframe, disable WL/HL, enter reframe, exit reframe and observe, that WL/HL are both on again.

Basically the presence of trim/reframe points resets the WL/HL to the state when trim/reframe was added.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hey @mariustanya, thanks for your reply!

Yes, that's exactly the same setup I have with Max, Mac and GoPro Player.

I'm new with the Max (got it at the end of last year) and with the GoPro Player so maybe it's me that doesn't know the features correctly. But I'll explain in detail to make sure I'm not making something wrong.

The issue is: while Reframing it's not possible to change the World Lock and Horizon Level setting, the button is not available. Or, in other words, as a video editor, I want to set the World Lock and Horizon Level for each individual reframe I define so that I can create immersive videos.

This feature seems to be available in the GoPro Quik for iPhone: "Editing Keyframes...World Lock + Horizon Leveling (iOS Only)". And it's also in the screenshots for the GoPro Player in the App Store (images attached). So I was expecting it to be there when reframing but it's not appearing for me (image attached).

Please let me know if you need further details.

Cheers

From App Store:

App Store

App Store Img 1

App Store Img 2

On my Mac/Player App:

Mac Config

Reframe Issue Img 1

Reframe Issue Img 2

GoPro

[ New ]

@brunoroque. I observe the same thing on my end, that is, as described by the images that you posted. Apologies for the confusion. I mistook the "disable" term from the previous post as the feature being disabled and not gone (inaccessible) from the screen/app display. We have shared this with the team. I will post back on this thread once I hear back from them.