Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Cannot View/Import 360 clips

[ New ]

I have a go pro max, with the latest firmware, my graphics card is nvidia GTX 1060, i have the go pro quik app on my phone and PC and the go pro player installed on my PC, yet i cannot view or import any 360 clips, my phone can never connect to the app anymore despite having the latest iOS. I bought this camera specifically for the 360 option after having a lot of fun with the fusion camera yet this feature is completely useless to me now. How do i fix this? this is completely stupid. Is anyone else having this problem? 

Tourist

Re: Cannot View/Import 360 clips

[ New ]
Same here! I received my Max yesterday, updated everything to the latest version, was actually able to see the low-res 360 preview on the mobile app (sorry yours doesn't work, but I'm on Android 10), but everything fell on its face when I plugged it into my desktop to import it for editing and the GoPro Quik app says "NO FILES TO IMPORT." WTF?!?! Why did I just pay $500+ for a camera that's well into its maturity cycle but yet has no obvious way to import it for desktop editing? This is ridiculously frustrating!!! Sorry to pile on, but I was going crazy last night thinking I was the only one that couldn't figure this out. I guess misery loves company :,(
Tourist

[ New ]

I actually got the iOS app to connect just now by resetting the connections on camera, as far as importing regular video clips to PC the only way that works for me is by removing the micro SD card from the camera and using a USB card reader, then i import the files without even using the completely useless go pro app. But, If i try to import a 360 file to PC i keep getting the message to buy an HEVC app from microsoft despite my graphics card being more than capable of reading the files. The whole camera to PC integration is a complete joke and im struggling to understand how anyone is not struggling with this. why am i even bothering with a go pro account? i dont use their cloud services and customer service seems like a ghost town. Being forced to edit 360 clips on my phone with the very limited options in the go pro iOS app and then transferring to another storage device to import to PC to use in better software is killing the creative process, and time consuming. Cant wait to see what problems happen next. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @bens608. The Quik for desktop app is no longer in development and does not support 360 media. To view and render your 360 media from MAX, use the GoPro Player instead. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @motiontracke. If your computer is missing HEVC Video Extensions, the GoPro Player will not be able to read the 360 files. These typically are provided by your computer manufacturer, please contact them to redeem or download the HEVC Video Extensions otherwise you can purchase it from Microsoft Store directly.

Tourist

[ New ]

The GoPro Player app says it can't work without the HEVC extensions that I need to pay Microsoft for from the app store? Why would GoPro choose to encode their video with a codec they don't even have a license to distribute with their share? Do they not know about open source file types like Ogg Vorbis, etc? Even Spotify figured this out and built their entire empire on open source file types. After paying YOU$500 for a 360 camera, I expect it to work out of the box (including producing functioning, editable video files that I can import to my desktop and use however I wish). Even though the extension is only $0.99 on Microsoft's app store, I REFUSE to pay a single dime to a 3rd party on the principal of the matter. Do NOT tell me to go contact my PC's manufacturer for a free redemption code. That is YOUR job to provide me with one! I will wait until the end of the month. Get your stuff together GoPro! Smh...

Tourist

[ New ]

Leaving this topic because just like customer service, this platform is a complete joke.