Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Cannot Use H.264 or HVEC on GoPro Max Exporter

[ New ]

Trying to use the Windows GoPro Max Exporter, but the only codec that isn't greyed out is the Cineform codec.  How can I get the H.264 or HVEC codecs to highlight?  My computer has a GeForce GTX 1080 Graphics card, so it is on their list of acceptable cards.

Any assistance?

2019-10-25_23-05-07.jpg
Tourist

Re: Cannot Use H.264 or HVEC on GoPro Max Exporter

[ New ]

Same issue on my surface pro 6 :(

Hiker

[ New ]

Same issue here PC with GeForce RTX 2080

Hiker

[ New ]

I have submitted a case with GoPro.  It is extremely disheartening that the camera is flawed from day one.  Windows versions don't even get the reframe utility that Mac users get immediately.

Such a dissapointment.  It is a shame because the camera itself appears to be amazing and the quality of the footage is great.  Being stuck with the Cineform Codec is useless to me since it isn't compatible with so many of my devices.

Hiker

[ New ]

Yeah currently I have a brand new camera I cannot use for its intended purpose! The 360 videos don't work properly in the Android App (I've posted about that too), as you say there is no Windows desktop app to do it yet and I can't convert the files to a format that my editing software likes :(

Hiker

RE: Cannot Use H.264 or HVEC on GoPro Max Exporter

[ New ]

same on my PC with GTX1060

Sightseer

[ New ]

same problem. is there a good converter available to convert .mov to .mp4?

Hiker

[ New ]

My desktop application doesn't work at all. Any action ends with automatic closing of the program (application "not responding") :(

gopro-max-exporter.png
Tourist

[ New ]

Yo tengo el mismo problema, no se puede editar nada con el pc, ya que los ficheros "mov", que crea el "Max Exporter", son tan grandes que no se puede trabajar con ellos.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Has anyone gotten an answer from GoPro?

I just bought this tonight after my friend showed me his and it played smoothly on my PC VR 360 because he exported it with a MAC. It looked amazing from the other 360 cameras I have used.

When I tried with my own film the .MOV chops in VR because it is so freaking big it is unusuable. Need the .MP4 Yesterday!

How do you sell a half finished product?

Sightseer

[ New ]

Same here. Bought Max today and severly disappointed.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone. Sorry for the inconvenience. We're actually aware of this and will be addressing it in future releases. 

Windows is a fragmented operating system which covers a myriad of home setups. These setups require video encoding and decoding support for spherical media that need to be tested across multiple devices.

For this reason, we’re taking a little more time to get things ready to make sure it meets the expectation of our users. Rest assured, we are planning to add the same level of features for Windows as users with Mac currently get with the GoPro Player.  

Thank you for your patience as we work through this and for being a GoPro customer. You may watch out for updates through https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-MAX-Exporter/ta-p/413311 .

Best regards!

Hiker

[ New ]
Thanks for the reply. Is there a beta version of any software we can use in the meantime? I am sitting with a very expensive camera that currently is unusable to me.
Sightseer

[ New ]

This sounds good but when talking to customer support this morning they informed me there is no time table on .mp4 export features being updated.

So this could take over a year? 2 years?

Unless you can tell me under 2 months by today I am taking mine back. It is completely useless until I can have the .360 files in .mp4

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks for posting this. I am having the same problem.Now I know I am not alone.

Very disappoining that my my i7-8750H with a NVIDIA GTX 1060 can not edit these 360 videos.

thiis needs to be more publicized. Windows dominates the consumer market.  I thought I wasnt going to run into "early adoption road blocks" with an established company like GoPro

But that's exactly what this is.

Tourist

[ New ]

https://jp.gopro.com/help/articles/block/GoPro-Max-Exporter

`` 1Files can export only at the same or lower recorded resolution ''
2 H.264 & HEVC codecs coming soon ”, so it is still under development.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Ciao a tutti anche la mia applicazione quando carico un video 360 dalla Max si chiude senza alcun messaggio di errore. Qualcuno ha individuato soluzioni? Grazie.
Sightseer

[ New ]

H.264 did seem to be working earlier last week, I started a premiere project with it. Now H.264 at 5.6k is greyed out and my project has come to a stop. I wish I'd never bothered starting it now. Are there any other 360 converters out there?

Sightseer

[ New ]

Continuing from my post above...

I think there was an automatic update that stopped me from using H.264. Can I revert to the older build of the software?

I need to continue this project for work but I can't find a soloution.