Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Cancelled import everytime with Hero 4

gvb

Have had a GoPro Hero 4 Silver for a couple of years and have been using GoPro Quick to import files. Never any problems. Now have a new 13 inch MacBook Pro with OS Sierra and only Thunderbolt / USB-C ports. It was working a month ago with my old MacBook Pro and USB 2.0 ports. All computer and app software up to date. Using an Apple USB to USB-C adapter. Computer WILL recognize camera and files, but no longer starts GoPro Quick automatically. The Problem... Every time I hit IMPORT, it cancels almost immediately. Why is this happening?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Cancelled import everytime with Hero 4

[ Edited ]

Hello @bastosbill

Thank you for the details that you provided. As you are working on a new computer, see if the following steps help to resolve the issue: 

• Restart your computer.
  • Create a new admin account and verify if the other account is able to open Quik for desktop. 
  • Uninstall and reinstall Quik for desktop.

Let us know how it works out. 

Best regards, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hello @bastosbill

Thank you for the details that you provided. As you are working on a new computer, see if the following steps help to resolve the issue: 

• Restart your computer.
  • Create a new admin account and verify if the other account is able to open Quik for desktop. 
  • Uninstall and reinstall Quik for desktop.

Let us know how it works out. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

Thank you for your suggestion. It has been some time since updating to a new computer, so some of these problems have been unexpected.

Restarting my computer was my first solution, and did not work.

I then took your advice to uninstall the GoPro Quick app, and reinstall it, as it seemed the easiest to do before creating a new admin account. Success! It now opens, and I have downloaded my camera files!

Interestingly, it would not delete the files on my camera LOL, so that is an issue. But, easy enough to do manually.

I appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

GoPro

Glad to hear back from you, @bastosbill . Thank you for posting back to confirm resolution. Great to know that everything is now working. Stay stoked and have fun using your GoPro!