Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Can you please re-release the old version of the software for downloading and editing

I will be honest i have come back to my gopro after a few years off, I have a black 4 hero, does exactly what i want! 

i changed my laptop recently so have downloaded the quilk software... what utter crap! sorry to who ever developed this but you do not have any idea how your products are being used in the real world i.e. outside social media flashes.

I am a pyrotechnitian and have worked on some of the biggest and best shows in the UK including the new years eve show.

most of my displays are upwards of 7 minutes and are to music, so i want to be able to put my music on and have the whole show not just 60 seconds of it.

Solution please re-release the old software that actually meant you you view and edit any length of video and put any music you wanted on the top, it will certainly be better than what you are offering at the moment.

After writing this i am going to uninstall Quik as Quickly as i can and try to find some one who has a copy of the old software or at least a more user based editing software.

i am not going to slag off the company but this is one of the worst pieces of video editing software i have ever seen or used.

So disapointed 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Can you please re-release the old version of the software for downloading and editing

Hi @micklldo

Quik is designed for easy editing. It will automatically find great moments, add beautiful transitions and effects, and syncs everything to the beat of the music.

You may use other editing applications if you're looking to have more freedom when it comes to editing your files.

Programs to View and Edit Videos

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Can you please re-release the old version of the software for downloading and editing

Hi @micklldo

Quik is designed for easy editing. It will automatically find great moments, add beautiful transitions and effects, and syncs everything to the beat of the music.

You may use other editing applications if you're looking to have more freedom when it comes to editing your files.

Programs to View and Edit Videos

Thanks!

Ej