Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Can you import .mov files

[ New ]

I have just stitched my GoPro Fusion videos in Cineform and wanted to convert them to MP4.

I thought I could use GoPro MAX Exporter but there is no option to do this. Does anyone know if this is possible?

I used Handbrake to convert to MP4 but the file size is really small compared to the Cineform file, so was worried that the resolution and quality would suffer.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Can you import .mov files

[ New ]

Hi, I often use Handbrake to convert. Don't worry too much about the outcome generated by Handbrake.

The big difference in size is caused by the different codec.

Handbrake creates a video in the H.264/H.264 codec. Both are highly-compressed codec. They keep large information to a relatively small size. As for resolution, you can set it in the section of Dimension. It also offers you the option to change the quality. You can move the slider to the extreme right.

QQ截图20200106143635.png

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, I often use Handbrake to convert. Don't worry too much about the outcome generated by Handbrake.

The big difference in size is caused by the different codec.

Handbrake creates a video in the H.264/H.264 codec. Both are highly-compressed codec. They keep large information to a relatively small size. As for resolution, you can set it in the section of Dimension. It also offers you the option to change the quality. You can move the slider to the extreme right.

QQ截图20200106143635.png

Hiker

[ New ]

Thank you for this, it is very useful.