Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous

Can you change date of file in gopro desktop

Hi Gopro app is sorting some of my files with the wrong dates on them.  If I click "show info" this also has wrong info.  Created date etc in Finder shows the correct date.  Is there anyway to amend the data the GoPro app is using

GoPro

Re: Can you change date of file in gopro desktop

Hey @Anonymous,

Which camera are you using to record footage? Do you have the checkbox "Automatically sync camera time/date with your computer" marked in the General Settings of GoPro App for Desktop? What date is being shown in GoPro App for Desktop compared to what's shown in the Finder window?

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi I am using a Hero 4 Silver.  The checkbox is checked - albeit I dont connect the camera as the mac has an SD slot but the date and time are correct.  For one batch the dates in the app are Jan 4 2014 whereas the created dates in Finder are 19 July 2015 and for another batch the dates in the app are Jan 1 2015 and the created dates in Finder are 14 Oct 2015

GoPro

Hey @Anonymous,

What date/Time is being shown in the Setup menu of your camera? I'd suggest reformatting your SD card(make sure you've backed up all your footage first), setting the proper Date & Time within the camera's settings, then recording a couple new videos to see if that works.

Anonymous

I've got exactly the same issue just now - all my dates have changed on import.

GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hey @Anonymous

Sometimes, what you need to do to reset the proper date is

1. Reformat your SD card(backup footage before doing this)
  2. Make sure your camera has the proper date set on it(through the setup menu)
  3. Make sure your computer's time is proper, then select "Automatically sync camera time/date with your computer".

As long as these three steps are followed one after the other, you should be able to get the proper time set. Even if you've done this once in the past, do it once more to ensure that everything is in order.

I hope this helps!

~ Mowens

Anonymous

I had a similar problem and now is fixed, but how can I change all the footage that I have in the computer with the wrong time stamp?

Anonymous

I have the same issue, no matter how many times I set date and reformat. Since the problem isn't going away it would be great if GoPro could offer a suggestion to fix our footage.  No chance I will buy more of their products when they don't support the ones they already make.