Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Can`t login, still "Authenticating..:" without effect

Hi,

yesterday I´ve downloaded the GoPro App for OSX and installed. After installation I´ve created an account, received the confirmation E-Mail and have confirmed my new account. When I try to log-in, I´ll click on submit after fill in my Mailaddress and password and the info-message "Authenticating..." appears above. 

I have a stable internet connection, and also via Safari I can log-in into my account. I´ve tried it several times, without changing. Is there any log-in issue at this time?

Can you help me?

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Can`t login, still "Authenticating..:" without effect

Hi! My gopro desktop app now works perfectly fine after my computer recently had (very long) updates of the windows 10. So don't blame the gopro app desktop but the windows10 software (with unending updates!). I don't know specifically what went wrong but after that update, now it runs smoothly.
Thanks @mattb for the help though!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @bluedawn30551

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into that issue. Just to be clear, the authenticating message shows up when you're trying to log into the GoPro App for Desktop, correct? Have you tried closing out the program and restarting your computer? 

I'm not aware of any log in issues at this time. 

Tourist

Glad to know im not alone with the same problem! uninstalling and restalling the program wasnt any help. 

GoPro

Hi @bluecreek89

I've heard of other users having similar issues but it isn't common. Do you happen to be using a VPN access when you're trying to log in?

Tourist

No, i don't. I tried to restart even my laptop, accessed the end-task manager, but still is the same.
GoPro

Hi @bluecreek89

Sorry to hear that that still hasn't worked for you. Have you tried restarting the computer? 

Tourist

Yes i did restarting the computer. i even reinstall the desktop app but nothing happened. I have a lenovo LG50 with windows 10, 64-mbit. It meets the system requirements so that shouldn't be a problem.
Tourist

64 bit windows 10 i mean.