Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Can`t login, still "Authenticating..:" without effect

Hi @Anonymous, 

I haven't forgotten about your post but I've reached out to some other members of our team in regards to the issue you were seeing. I'll try and see if they have any ideas that could help!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @Anonymous, 

We've got a couple more things you can try here. First, if you have anti-virus software running on your computer, please try disabling that momentarily to see if you can then login. 

If that does not work, please try temporarily disabling your User Account Control on your computer. For Windows 10 you will do the following:

-Open the Start menu and locate the search bar

-Type "UAC" in the search bar

-Select the option "Change User Account Control Settings"

-Move the slider bar to "Never Notify."

After doing this, restart the computer once more. That is a crucial step. After that, let's see if it let's you log in. You can turn UAC back on afterward. 

@Anonymous, do you have any updates about how it's going for you? Were you able to get logged in?

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi. Did what you said. Turned off my anti-virus software, also the firewall. But didn't succeed. Also changing the UAC settings, didn't make any changes.
The problem too is that, upon clicking to open the gopro app icon, it is so laggish, takes long to open, and when it does, (not responding) appears, and when you try typing it takes 2 seconds to appear each letter u type.

I dont know what to do anymore. 😱
Highlighted
GoPro

HI @Anonymous, 

I'm really sorry that it's giving you so much trouble. Just to verify, you did restart the computer after changing UAC? It will only take effect then. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes. I did exactly what you posted. Thanks by the way.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Im having the same issue on my Mac.  Has anyone found a solution?

Highlighted
GoPro

@Anonymous and @Anonymous, 

I'm checking further to see what may be causing the issue. Hopefully we can find a way to have it finish authenticating and sign you in. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi again, 

It seems several users are having the same issue or at least an issue that appears to be similar in nature. At this point we'd like to see if this is a computer issue or an account issue. If you happen to have other computers or can install the GoPro App for Desktop on another computer, please try entering in your account information on that computer to see if it still says "Authenticating..." or if it works on the other computer. This will help us in our search for a resolution.